Where to pick which position? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where to pick which position?

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
I think if we love a WR (Smith, Chase, Waddle) we will have to pick him at 3.
If we want Etienne or Harris we likely can get one of them at 18.
The question I have is; what positions can we draft good players in rounds 3-5? What positions can be “delayed”
I always hear that RB can be late, but I am tired of that. I think I would like an early RB.

Reactions: BSQ
I think runningbacks go in the 2nd round. Etienne, Harris, Sermon, cant go wrong with either

Trade back a couple from 3 gain another first or multiple 2s etc. you can still get one of the top 3 WRs in the top 10. 18 is either OL or LB don’t think they will draft a RB in the first unless they come back in towards end of first from 2a or 2B. 2a would be RB,OL,LB. 2B possible S or Maybe another WR

Are you a closet Sewell fan? And put words in our mouth?
No one here suggested getting Smith or Chase at 3.
I am the biggest drafting wr supporter here, and I am for trading down for wr., at around 8 - 10.

I want this team to upgrade the skill position players about as much as anyone on this site but you don't necessarily have to take a WR with the third pick and you definitely shouldn't take a RB at 18 in order to do so.

As far as RBs:
I think Jermar Jefferson will last to third round. And he is a first round value running back.
I also think that because of lack of production Brain Robinson from Bama will be available in late rounds, may not even go drafted, and he is an excellent value. So other than Najee and Javonte Williams, those are the only two backs I would target. (Najee is a top 10 player in the draft.)

To answer your questions about which positions 3-5. I would throw in the 2nd round as well so make it 2-5. EDGE rushers Tailbacks and Safety’s will be available galore. If we take a tailback at 18 even if it is Etienne or Harris I will lose a ton of confidence in this front office. We don’t need that at 18. One or even both of those guys will be available in the 2nd and if not a guy like UNCs Jevonte Williams or Memphis Kenneth Gainwell will definitely be there.

The 2-3 rounds also have some really good players at Safety and EDGE. Oregon Safety Jevon Holland Pitt EDGE rusher Patrick Jones Miami EDGE Jaelen Phillips Syracuse safety Andre Cisco USC safety Talanoa Hufanga and that’s not even mentioning 2nd round WRs like LSUs Terrance Marshall or USCs Amon-Ra St Brown will all be available.

This is why it’s absolutely imperative we trade down with 1 if not both of our 1st rounders to acquire more picks in rounds 2-3. This draft is littered with top notch players in those rounds at positions that we need.

GET D SMITH AT 3 AND DONT **** IT UP. That WR is beyond special. Anyone who has watched him knows what the hell I’m talking about. Quick as a whip, catches everything and I mean everything. He never lets that ball get loose in his hands and always makes the first defender look spastic trying tackle him

I think if we love a WR (Smith, Chase, Waddle) we will have to pick him at 3.
If we want Etienne or Harris we likely can get one of them at 18.
The question I have is; what positions can we draft good players in rounds 3-5? What positions can be “delayed”
I always hear that RB can be late, but I am tired of that. I think I would like an early RB.
If the OT goes No2 like some projecting to Jets. Trade No3 and take the haul.

take WR after the trade down

Wait in RB until round 2 at the earliest.

For those saying Harris will go in the 2nd round- 0% chance that happens. He is far better than Edwards' Helaire who went in the 1st round last year. He is a special back that has power, vision, catching ability and is a good blocker. He does lack breakaway speed but is fast enough to make huge chunk plays.

Our obvious major needs are WR and RB. We will get a better idea of how the Draft shapes up after we see what happens in free agency. If we don't spend big $ on a WR, there's a pretty good chance that it's the top Draft priority.

Back
Top Bottom