Where to pick which position? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where to pick which position?

For those saying Harris will go in the 2nd round- 0% chance that happens. He is far better than Edwards' Helaire who went in the 1st round last year. He is a special back that has power, vision, catching ability and is a good blocker. He does lack breakaway speed but is fast enough to make huge chunk plays.
You very well could be right about him being gone by the 2nd. But I have my worries about him for no reason other than he’s an Alabama tailback. He running behind the best offensive line in college football not to mention teams can’t stack the box because they have to respect Smith Waddle and the abundance of talent Alabama has on the outside.

Before you say well look at Derrick Henry yes you’re right. But Henry is also in the perfect situation in Tennessee bc they are literally built to pound the rock and Tannehill makes it work bc he’s really off play action. Derrick Henry is definitely legit but I also remember Trent Richardson who was drafted #3 overall and he busted like a virgin in a whore house. Even going back to Mark Ingram who’s had a above average but not great career. I just think those Alabama guys are hard to read bc they have so so so much talent surrounding them and it’s not going to be like that in the NFL. Just my own personal opinion but I would take Etienne before I would Harris bc I think his skill set translates better to the NFL than Harris. Yes I’m a huge Clemson fan and I’m sure it’ll get called bias but I’ve watched Travis Etienne for 4 years and I see some people on here say he’s finesse and that could not be farther from the truth. Yes he’s a game breaker speed wise but he will run it between the tackles and hammer LBs. His legs are unbelievably thick for his stature. He’s a much more powerful runner than most people think.

I guess I'm in the minority but I want to use 3 and 18 on Smith, then Harris. Then go for pass rushers, DL and maybe some o-line. By getting Smith and Harris you get the premier receiver and RB in the draft. Our offense is on empty. I don't want a RB, I want a freaking stud monster who leaps over people and has insane production and will be a star in the NFL. Smith gives you a totally amazing receiver who runs beautiful patterns and is simply the best I've seen in a while. Both guys are TDs waiting to happen and we can land both of these guys and reunite Tua with some of his Alabama weapons. This one draft, because of the extreme circumstances, I'd make sure to get these 2 fantastic pieces for my DOA offense. We have to compete against the Bills in our division and I'd like to add those 2 players to make sure I'm ready this time.

The object of the draft is to get better. We need 2 or 3 receivers, 2 new RBs, Edge, LBer and Safety. There is some truly super elite talent at the top of this draft. I want a couple of those big names this time. Then do the trading down and all the other moves. BTW, a lot of mocks have the Jets taking Sewell.

This year could be a little more unusual due to all the opt outs.

It was encouraging that Miami found Solomon Kindley in the 4th round last year. Let's hope for more of the same.

GET D SMITH AT 3 AND DONT **** IT UP. That WR is beyond special. Anyone who has watched him knows what the hell I’m talking about. Quick as a whip, catches everything and I mean everything. He never lets that ball get loose in his hands and always makes the first defender look spastic trying tackle him
Why Not trade down? He'll be there at 7.

If the OT goes No2 like some projecting to Jets. Trade No3 and take the haul.

take WR after the trade down

Wait in RB until round 2 at the earliest.
I can live with a trade down. Who wants to trade up?0

This draft will be tricky to maneuver since we really don't know what the Jets are going to do.
They may pick a QB (Wilson or Fields), pick Sewell to make their line stronger or they may trade down.

If we are in position at 3 with a top QB available then there is a good chance there will be a buyer and we can move down.
If that's not the case then we have to look at the top playmaking WR or go with Sewell (if he is available).

This depends on which one moves the needle the most for the offense. I want to say WR but having a dominant tackle can easily change the offense.
Torn on this one, but moving down would be best case as it should net more options.

The 2nd pick would reflect who is left on board and what are options are.
I believe the top 2 RBs will be gone before our 2a pick, so we may need to pick RB here but trading down (not too far) to help other picks may also be an option.

I don't think the 1b pick needs to be a RB but if we pick Sewell we may as well go with a top RB to establish a run game for this team, which is badly needed.

I want this team to upgrade the skill position players about as much as anyone on this site but you don't necessarily have to take a WR with the third pick and you definitely shouldn't take a RB at 18 in order to do so.
I can live with that, so what do we take

I can live with that, so what do we take
I think if Miami is stuck picking at 3 they might go Sewell and then take a receiver at 18. Miami’s second round pick (Houston’s pick) at 36 is exactly at the sweet spot to take a running back. One of the top three should be there.

I guess I'm in the minority but I want to use 3 and 18 on Smith, then Harris. Then go for pass rushers, DL and maybe some o-line. By getting Smith and Harris you get the premier receiver and RB in the draft. Our offense is on empty. I don't want a RB, I want a freaking stud monster who leaps over people and has insane production and will be a star in the NFL. Smith gives you a totally amazing receiver who runs beautiful patterns and is simply the best I've seen in a while. Both guys are TDs waiting to happen and we can land both of these guys and reunite Tua with some of his Alabama weapons. This one draft, because of the extreme circumstances, I'd make sure to get these 2 fantastic pieces for my DOA offense. We have to compete against the Bills in our division and I'd like to add those 2 players to make sure I'm ready this time.

The object of the draft is to get better. We need 2 or 3 receivers, 2 new RBs, Edge, LBer and Safety. There is some truly super elite talent at the top of this draft. I want a couple of those big names this time. Then do the trading down and all the other moves. BTW, a lot of mocks have the Jets taking Sewell.
I’m in the same boat as you. Smith at 3 and Harris at 18. We always get good backs later in the draft but I feel like this is the year we take a shot and try to pick up a stud, game changer of a back.

I think RBs start to go in the late first round. Think the Bills will take one and will have their choice.

Back
Top Bottom