where will carey play on the offensive line? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

where will carey play on the offensive line?

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
just wondering where carey will be playing this season? I have heard that he has practiced at LT, RT, and guard. But I am not to sure where or if he will start. Do you think Carey can start this season as a LT?

He'll most likely be playing at RG, LT, or bench. I think RG is VERY LIKELY if Rex Hadnot wins the starting C job. If that happens expect our O-line to look like this:

LT- Damion Mcintosh
LG- Jeno James
C - Rex Hadnot
RG- Vernon Carey
RT- Stockar McDougle

But if Seth wins the starting job at C, I think that could very well mean Vernon will be benched and our lineup could be:

LT- Damion Mcintosh
LG- Jeno James
C - Seth McKinney
RG- Rex Hadnot
RT- Stockar McDougle

Hopefully he is versatile enough to play all around the o-line.

If he doesn't play I'm going to buy his jersey and throw it in the garbage.

carey is more and likely going to be a bench warmer. He is way to slow to be a LT. His best bet for starting is RG right now.

painnotpleasure said:
He'll most likely be playing at RG, LT, or bench. I think RG is VERY LIKELY if Rex Hadnot wins the starting C job. If that happens expect our O-line to look like this:

LT- Damion Mcintosh
LG- Jeno James
C - Rex Hadnot
RG- Vernon Carey
RT- Stockar McDougle

But if Seth wins the starting job at C, I think that could very well mean Vernon will be benched and our lineup could be:

LT- Damion Mcintosh
LG- Jeno James
C - Seth McKinney
RG- Rex Hadnot
RT- Stockar McDougle
I agree that it will be one of those outcomes. Or even St.Clair gets the C spot over McKinney, Hadnot, and Smith.

South Florida said:
If he doesn't play I'm going to buy his jersey and throw it in the garbage.

haha. i had to laugh. That was just flat out the most random and idiotic thing i've ever heard. :)

He'll start at quaterback. It'll be great. Linehan will call a qb sneak every play and Carey will just bludgeon his way forward.

kingnate85 said:
He'll start at quaterback. It'll be great. Linehan will call a qb sneak every play and Carey will just bludgeon his way forward.

i stand corrected. THATS the most random and idiotic thing i've ever heard.

He won't crack the starting line up unless it is LT.

Hadnot has already impressed Saban. He will be the starting RG. Wade Smith and Mckinney will be competing for Center. Unless Carey can play Center he will most likely be on the bench rotating in and out.

I was thinking he could switch sides and play some Cb in Poole's absence. I dont know if he has the best of hands , so he probably wont be getting too many interceptions.

If he isnt starting opposite Sam Madison by the time the season starts, he will officialy be a bust.

Back
Top Bottom