Where will the firepower come from this Miami Dolphins team? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where will the firepower come from this Miami Dolphins team?

Easy, the same place it came from last season.

Devante Parker and Mike Gesicki.

Sprinkle in some Howard, Williams, Breida, Wilson and Grant.

The firepower is there. We need the shield to hold up. I am not too worried about it though as I don’t expect to see the General on the field this year.

The 2021 draft! Kind of joking, but that's probably the reality. Breida could be a nice pickup with big-play ability. A healthy Grant, which always seems like a long-shot, would obviously be welcomed. Not a lot of big-play guys on offense other than Parker.

The 2021 draft! Kind of joking, but that's probably the reality. Breida could be a nice pickup with big-play ability. A healthy Grant, which always seems like a long-shot, would obviously be welcomed. Not a lot of big-play guys on offense other than Parker.

Kind of agree, but you also have to consider Fitz threw a lot of 50/50 and up for grabs balls.

With someone like Tua who throws receivers open, Parker and Williams along with being very tall have very good speed, and are just as dangerous on verticle deep passes.

Gesicki is a very athletic TE, throw him to daylight, he could do a little to a lot of damage.

Wilson and Grant if they're healthy, and someone like Tua shows dead on accuracy on deep balls, these two are just plain nightmares.

Finally throw Breida into some space, and he could be gone before you blink.

These are not set in stone to all or any to actually happen other then on paper, but once Tua takes over, and he shows the type of skill we all know and hope to see from him...Miami may actually be loaded with big-play options.

I think we have a decent amount of firepower in our skill positions. We definitely have a variety of skillsets, that can create physical mismatches, whether they are speed/quickness, or size/strength mismatches. That's up to the OC to scheme around the individual talents, and the O-line coach to provide enough time for the design of the plays to develop.

Fins really have a very good set of CBs. Other than that either Wilson/Grant or Parker/Williams depending on who starts most games at QB... The big wildcard here is the OL... If they cant give the QBs some room to work with, neither the WRs or the CBs will have any kind of opportunity to show what they have... Bad OL = not many points = opposing teams in no hurry to make stupid mistakes passing the ball...

Fins spent alot of resources on the OL this offseason but alot of it was on green players and much more likely to pay off on a longer timescale than this season...

IF the OL gels into a solid unit then the Fins offense may surprise some people.The skill positions are more talented than they are given credit for.

If not then they will probably won't score much more than they did last year.

I think that eventually the OL will well play enough to allow the offense to be pretty good, still nothing special but progress.

Back
Top Bottom