Where Would Raekwon Be Drafted This Year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where Would Raekwon Be Drafted This Year?

Sofla328

Active Roster
Reaction score
If Raekwon McMillan wasn't drafted last year and stayed at Ohio St. and missed the entire year from a knee injury, where would he be drafted in this draft?

Where ever you'd think he would be drafted, then it's like we had that pick too this year.

That's how I kind of view this years draft, as if we also just got Raekwon.

This Defense will be much much better.

I put him on par with someone like rashaan evans or maybe vander esch. Probably near the same maybe higher with the way this draft played out

Pretty much where we drafted him because of knee injury, or early third. If the knee didn’t check out at the combine, it could be as late as fourth. Hard to say. Good question

Hard to believe he’d have held his draft position had he sat out a year. I think he’d have slipped at least into 3, maybe even 4. Had he have come out healthy in this draft class I think he’d have snuck into the back end of round 1.

Same as last year. Just like Baker, Lattimore and Ward, Raekwon underachieved at Ohio State.

If Raekwon McMillan wasn't drafted last year and stayed at Ohio St. and missed the entire year from a knee injury, where would he be drafted in this draft?

Where ever you'd think he would be drafted, then it's like we had that pick too this year.

That's how I kind of view this years draft, as if we also just got Raekwon.

This Defense will be much much better.

I was thinking the same thing. It's as if we have a potential stud rookie at LB - and that's why there was no real urgency in the draft. Was also thinking that if Asiata built strength, worked on his techniques, he could be a very pleasant almost-rookie surprise. Ditto defacto rookie Smith who seemed to have a good pre-injury camp who many including I think @TedSlimmJr were surprised had not been drafted. He could well end up as a starting OLman also.

I am much more excited about Raekwon than Baker thats for sure.

That goes without saying! Raekwon looks like a real traditional LB. Whereas, Baker looks like a hybrid safety playing in that spot. I can't see him being more than a situational type of player going forward. I really hope I'm wrong about him.

That goes without saying! Raekwon looks like a real traditional LB. Whereas, Baker looks like a hybrid safety playing in that spot. I can't see him being more than a situational type of player going forward. I really hope I'm wrong about him.

Yah thats what I feel too, not sure hes better than our backup LBs currently. And we needed a SAM LB, not sure who is filling that role or how we are stopping the run this year.

Back
Top Bottom