Where would Tua go in this draft? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where would Tua go in this draft?

But that wasn't the way the OP intended it to read. It's a hypothetical; Doesn't matter what you think "matters"
You know the OPs intentions? How? It wasnt in the title and it wasnt in the original post to ignore how he played this year.
This is as dumb as watching a movie and rating it based on the trailer.

You know the OPs intentions? How? It wasnt in the title and it wasnt in the original post to ignore how he played this year.
This is as dumb as watching a movie and rating it based on the trailer.
You're right; it's dumb to assume that the OP means anything other than if Tua was coming out this year

Coming off the serious injury and with questions about his size... considering the depth in this QB draft...

He'd go no higher than second, and maybe as low as 4th or 5th QB selected.

It would depend on what the team selecting valued in a QB. Just like this year, when the 49rs are seriously considering Mac Jones.

Are you basing this evaluation solely off of his college tape or are we also including his NFL production? Based off of his college tape ... I'd say somewhere between 3 and 15 overall (3 to 6 within QB's).

If you are including his NFL production, I'd say somewhere between 15 and 38 (5 to 6 within QB's). IMHO, he would still rate above Mac Jones (whom I do not rate as highly as the current group-think does), but his lack of elite traits would push him down below Trevor Lawrence, Zack Wilson, Trey Lance and Justin Fields. I would rate Tua above Kellen Mond and Mac Jones. IMHO, playing in 2020 did his evaluation no favors. Now that he's fully healed and benefitting from a year in the NFL and a proper offseason, I'm expecting Tua's production to skyrocket. He was one of the very lowest rated QB's as far as offensive productivity, but I'm expecting that to change.

All this thread shows me is that Tua is apparently going to surprise a lot of people this year. I want to live in the world where a rookie QB with no training camp, no preseason, no RBs, no WRs, and 3 rookies starting on the OL is supposed to put up big passing numbers and do better than a 6-3 record. Sounds like a fun place.

Some of y’all are jaded by Justin Herbert putting up historic numbers for a rookie (while, incidentally, going 6-9 and losing to Tua in their head-to-head matchup).

I wasn’t ...and I didn’t see any relevancy to how he was viewed last year now?

I don’t hate Tua, he wasn’t my choice but he’s here now and I have to hope he’s much better than I thought.
I wasn't talking directly to you. it was just in general cause every time there's a Tua thread it becomes us vs them and everything that comes with it so just wanted to warn the thread early on.

All this thread shows me is that Tua is apparently going to surprise a lot of people this year.<snip>
The real question is this, which group of people is Tua going to surprise? The Apologists or the Haters?

All this thread shows me is that Tua is apparently going to surprise a lot of people this year. I want to live in the world where a rookie QB with no training camp, no preseason, no RBs, no WRs, and 3 rookies starting on the OL is supposed to put up big passing numbers and do better than a 6-3 record. Sounds like a fun place.

Some of y’all are jaded by Justin Herbert putting up historic numbers for a rookie (while, incidentally, going 6-9 and losing to Tua in their head-to-head matchup).
And Herb getting ABSOLUTELY snot clobbered by a simply pathetic Pats squad

Well Tua doesnt look like he'd be a big drinker, so i dont see him going to BWW's for the draft. Maybe they will let him go up to the podium to announce a pick or something for us. I'ma go out on a limb and said that he prob goes over to his parents house, or maybe to hang out with some of his old buddies on Bama

And Herb getting ABSOLUTELY snot clobbered by a simply pathetic Pats squad
How'd he do against the Broncos...who put Tua on the bench for performance issues.

How'd he do against the Raiders...who also put Tua on the bench for performance issues.

Answer Me Canadian GIF by CBC

Back
Top Bottom