Where would Tua go in this draft? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where would Tua go in this draft?

The situation a player goes too really matters in football.
Absolutely...does he have to play before he's ready (QB, mostly, here)..does he have players in front of him? Does he get a "fair shake?" Does the team have a coaching change and does he now no longer fit the scheme and/or personnel they prefer? Loads goes into it for a player to sink or swim, succeed or fail!

Also..I am not taking away anything from Herbert..amazing, historical season..but they were a crappy team and played from behind a ton and because they sucked he had little pressure on him to succeed with playoffs in sight and he HAD TO DO A TON for them to have any chance to win.

TUA, as has been said, is coming off a serious hip injury...that could have and should have and probably factored in with a lot of his play last year, and even then he wasn't THAT BAD.

Let's give him a shot/chance, eh!?

Last edited:
Also..I am not taking away anything from Herbert..amazing, historical season..but they were a crappy team and played from behind a ton and because they sucked he had little pressure on him to succeed with playoffs in sight and he HAD TO DO A TON for them to have any chance to win.

TUA, as has been said, is coming off a serious knee injury...that could have and should have and probably factored in with a lot of his play last year, and even then he wasn't THAT BAD.

Actually he probably should have/could have sat the whole year and no one would blame the Dolphins..he still went 6-3 as a starter.

TUA, as has been said, is coming off a serious knee injury...that could have and should have and probably factored in with a lot of his play last year, and even then he wasn't THAT BAD.

Actually it was a serious hip injury, almost career ending. But carry on.

While we're on the Herbert train in relation to Tua id play a Justin Herbert type 17 games a year and come out on top more times than he will.

He "ah shucked" it on the sideline after every bad play against Miami last year and LAC had no shot to come back against us. Hes Ryan Tannehill out there and good luck with that.

Actually he probably should have/could have sat the whole year and no one would blame the Dolphins..he still went 6-3 as a starter.
You could say he was 5.5 and 3.5 as a starter because he would have lost the Raiders' game had he stayed in.

well, some people feel the need to be right all the time when it comes to sports and the fact is nobody can be right 100% of the time.
I am 100% right 100% of the time.

Wait....was I wrong by saying that?

Last edited:
I don’t know if I would’ve brought up the chargers game, Because if I remember correctly it was a defense of score, a special teams score, a blocked punt which ended up on the 1 yard line. So in reality he only had one drive for a touchdown in that game.

First of all, you don’t remember correctly. We had no defensive scores or special teams scores in that game. We did have a punt block returned to the 1 yard line, like you said—but that is all. We punched that in for a TD. We also had an 88-yard TD drive, a short field TD drive (32 yards) off a Herbert INT, and three field goals. Herbert also got one short-field TD (37 yards) off a botched snap.

More importantly, this is how football works. The goal is to have more points than the other team at the end of the game. If you take advantage of short fields and don’t provide them to the other team, you’re going to win a lot more games than you lose, whether you throw for 200 yards or 400 yards.

On the first drive of the game, Herbert went 3-and-out while taking a 13-yard sack on a CB blitz he misread. He backed his punter up and something bad happened—as it frequently does in football. The punt got blocked.

The Dolphins then took over at the one and scored a TD. 7-0.

Next drive, Herbert leads a decent drive that ends with a punt and the Dolphins pinned at their own 12.

Tua then leads an 88-yard touchdown drive. 14-0, at home. At this point, the Dolphins’ odds of winning the game are already somewhere in the 80+ percent range, and it’s still the first quarter.

The Dolphins then dinked and dunked and protected that lead for the rest of the game. The Chargers never really threatened to retake the lead. When they got within 3 in the third quarter, the Dolphins answered with a 58-yard field goal drive, then picked off Herbert, then punched in the aforementioned 32-yard short field TD drive. That’s winning football.

Herbert, on the other hand, threw the pick that led to that short field and let Tua seal the game. That’s losing football.

Both Tua and Herbert are very good young QBs who were in very different situations last year and were asked to do very different things. Herbert basically played all season in the mode that Tua was in against Kansas City—playing from behind, slinging the ball around with nothing to lose. Let’s see what Tua looks like with some weapons around him. And let’s see what Herbert looks like when he’s actually playing to win games.

First of all, you don’t remember correctly. We had no defensive scores or special teams scores in that game. We did have a punt block returned to the 1 yard line, like you said—but that is all. We punched that in for a TD. We also had an 88-yard TD drive, a short field TD drive (32 yards) off a Herbert INT, and three field goals. Herbert also got one short-field TD (37 yards) off a botched snap.

More importantly, this is how football works. The goal is to have more points than the other team at the end of the game. If you take advantage of short fields and don’t provide them to the other team, you’re going to win a lot more games than you lose, whether you throw for 200 yards or 400 yards.

On the first drive of the game, Herbert went 3-and-out while taking a 13-yard sack on a CB blitz he misread. He backed his punter up and something bad happened—as it frequently does in football. The punt got blocked.

The Dolphins then took over at the one and scored a TD. 7-0.

Next drive, Herbert leads a decent drive that ends with a punt and the Dolphins pinned at their own 12.

Tua then leads an 88-yard touchdown drive. 14-0, at home. At this point, the Dolphins’ odds of winning the game are already somewhere in the 80+ percent range, and it’s still the first quarter.

The Dolphins then dinked and dunked and protected that lead for the rest of the game. The Chargers never really threatened to retake the lead. When they got within 3 in the third quarter, the Dolphins answered with a 58-yard field goal drive, then picked off Herbert, then punched in the aforementioned 32-yard short field TD drive. That’s winning football.

Herbert, on the other hand, threw the pick that led to that short field and let Tua seal the game. That’s losing football.

Both Tua and Herbert are very good young QBs who were in very different situations last year and were asked to do very different things. Herbert basically played all season in the mode that Tua was in against Kansas City—playing from behind, slinging the ball around with nothing to lose. Let’s see what Tua looks like with some weapons around him. And let’s see what Herbert looks like when he’s actually playing to win games.
Correct my bad, it was the Rams game I was thinking of.

It just depends. If he was hurt during the draft like last year then I could see around #5. Now if Tua was coming into the league healthy, he'd no doubt be #2 in this draft. If Tua never got hurt at Bama, he would of went #1 in last years draft. Burrow was still insane his last year of college but Tua was the front runner for heisman and the first pick overall before he was injured.

For this hypothetical it depends on the particular details of the scenario:

Are we talking Tua coming off the injury exactly like last year? Tua probably goes #6 to us.

Are we talking Tua came back for a senior season, played as expected, and didn’t have a significant injury? Probably #2 overall.

Tua based on his rookie season? 3rd or 4th round.

I'M GOING TO SAY IT RIGHT NOW BEFORE THIS GETS OUT OF HAND.KEEP IF NICE HERE AND DON'T ATTACK EACH OTHER OR WE'LL LOCK THE THREAD.
God it makes me ****in cringe that you even have to say this.

Back
Top Bottom