Where would you rank... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where would you rank...

Brewcity33

Practice Squad
Reaction score
...Brett Favre among the best of all time? I am asking you guys because I would like unbiased opinions. Sometimes it is too hard to get an accurate assessment of his stature in the NFL when you live in Wisconsin where most are biased towards him ranking him 1st or 2nd. Here is my list.

1. Joe Montana- Not the strongest arm but he was deadly and he knew how to win. 4 SB rings

2. Dan Marino- The stats speak for themselves. 420 TD's and 60,000+ yrds passing. Its too bad he didn't get a ring, he sure deserved one.

3. Johnny Unitas- He revolutionized the forward pass and was tough as nails.

4. Terry Bradshaw- 4 SB rings. Enough said I think

5. John Elway- As much as I dont want to put him ahead of Favre I have to. He beat him heads up in SB 32. He doesnt have better stats or the MVP's Favre has but he has one more SB ring.

6. Favre- 165 straight starts 181 if you add the playoffs. 3 straight NFL MVP's. 301 TD passes 3rd all time behind Marino and Tarkington averaging 28 per year. 40,333 yards in 11 years and he spent 1 year behind Chris Miller in Atlanta as a rookie. 2 Super Bowls with 1 victory. 13 4td games 3rd all time behind Marino with 21 and Unitas with 17. Add the fact that he is probably playing as good this year as at anytime in his career as a 11+ year vet barring injury he could finish in top 3, especially if he adds another SB ring.

Any thoughts?

Wow, Terry Bradshaw??

I think Favre will get very close, if not break, Marino's TD record.

Personally, I don't think Elway should be with the other five... out of the one's you mentioned, you have a toss up as far as "place" goes. If you still want to use 6 ... throw in Roger Staubach.

Originally posted by Muck
Wow, Terry Bradshaw??

I think Favre will get very close, if not break, Marino's TD record.

Bradshaw had incredible leadership abilities.... I'd rank him up there...

Thinking more about it... I'd have to add Roman Gabriel and maybe John Hadl too....

Why don't we just make it the top ten... that way Elway can stay.:D

Can we put Anna up there too?? God, she deserves to be on a list. Any list.

I just can't see Bradshaw that high.

Also, I'm curious to see where history will put Troy Aikman. Certainly a Hall of Famer IMO.

Originally posted by Muck
Can we put Anna up there too?? God, she deserves to be on a list. Any list.

Anna would be on the top of my "things to do" list. :D

Anyone put Starr on that list? He sure was a good big game QB. I also think he performed the system very well.

1. Dan Marino: Owns nearly every record in the book. The best passer to ever play the game.

2. John Elway: He and Marino drve each other above and beyond anybody else to ever play the game.

3. Joe Montana: The perfect QB for the WC system.

4. Johnny Unitas: His Games with a TD streak will NEVER be touched, ever.

5. Brett Favre: The Ironman himself. A warrior that can practically carry a team all by himself.

6. Jim Kelley: Led the K-Gun to 4 straight SB's and put up seriously impressive numbers along the way.

7. Steve Young: Picked up where Montana left off, not quite the same deadly accuracy, but more athletic.

8. Otto Graham: a legend, pure and simple.

9. Dan Fouts: Possibly the most underrated QB of all time.

10. Kenny Stabler: Leading that team took serious leadership abilities.

1. Favre
2. Montana
3. Unitas
4. Marino
5. Elway

I think Favre has more intangibles than any other QB in history. If he had been running the team Montana had and had Rice to throw to, he'd have won the SB every year (slight exaggeration :) ) He has 3 MVPs and counting, 1 SB ring and counting, on pace to catch Marino in stats, is the ultimate iron man, and can make an average team look like a SB contender. If I had to pick one player out of the history of the NFL to start a team, it would be Favre.

If I was a coach, I would :

1. Put Anna at center.
2. Remind the defense that it's not nice to hit a lady.
3. Bench Marino, Elway,Montana, Favre etc......
4. Reinstate my football career as the "happiest" QB of all times.

I might not be as good as those QB's, but I certainly would find a way to maintain ball control;therefore, wearing down opposing defenses,and me , and Anna.

Back
Top Bottom