Where'd the Vick block thing go? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where'd the Vick block thing go?

Dirk

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Hello Finheaven,

I usually only lurk nowadays, but I came on to ask where the Marcus Vick block video went by Nublar? I thought the mods got rid of it, then I went on YouTube to look under Nub's videos and it's been removed? What happened?

Dirk

PS - Go Mavs

I removed the video from YouTube and deleted the thread from this site. The mods had nothing to do with it, it was all me. I don't like being accused of stealing, and if three of the pages during the thread can be bashing me for "stealing" it(even though I never took credit for filming it, it is obviously an ESPN highlight) I just decided to remove it. I don't need the constant criticism, so why leave it up?

Sure the "watermark" probably wasn't a good idea on my part, but to get posts that say "you stole that", "didn't give credit to", and "shameful" just ticked me off. The video is gone from here and from YouTube, so I can no longer be bashed for it. The reason I actually put the "watermark" on this video is because I was testing it to see what it would look like. I was actually considering using it on highlights next season, because some people just took the film I spent hours recording, going through the game to get the best pays, and editing them all together, and just re-edited it with their own music. I know that sounds petty, but it takes time to get this stuff up on the web just to see people take it, tweak it a little and call it their own. If they want to make videos like that and then even make threads to have people vote between their's and mine(which backfired on them since people voted for mine instead) they should spend the time recording it off the TV themselves. I paid for Sunday Ticket(I know that doesn't give me any ownership of the video), so I don't like having people who don't pay try to screw me over. I know the video actually belongs to CBS and Fox, but I did take the time to filter through the games and take time to upload this to the net. Actually, seeing people edit it into their own little films didn't tick me off until someone(will remain nameless) started the thread that had people vote between mine and what they made. I don't want to sound ****y, but without my video first, they would have never had the footage to edit together. The Vick "watermark" was really just a test on my part, I never meant to take credit for it. I appologize if the few second clip offended people so much.

Maybe since I technically didn't "film" the Dolphins highlights from 2005 with my own camera at the games(All I did was record them off the TV, and edit them all together) I should just delete the vault. Maybe I shouldn't take the hours out of my personal life next offseason to get people highlights of every game. I wouldn't want to offend people. I may just watch all the games on my Sunday NFL ticket and just let the people who can't see the game catch the 20 seconds of highlights on SportsCenter. Sound good?

I am not sure of complete legal reasons, but I may be in fact pushing the limit with editing these films at all. Maybe I should just play it safe and stop. Thoughts?

Nubs:

I feel you should do whatever you feel like doing. I personally don't download many of your videos because I see most of the games.. I think you need to do whatever you want,, The people that are greatful for what you do will show their gratification. The jealous ones, well I think you just need to put them in the back of your mind and say screw 'em.. In terms of legality, you're not uploading whole games so I wouldn't worry about it.

Nubs I see all the games and I still enjoy your videos

Whoever was criticizing you obviously has no clue about how many of these you do and how much time you spend doing them, so I say keep on making them, but if you dont want to I understand

Alex22 said:
Nubs I see all the games and I still enjoy your videos

Whoever was criticizing you obviously has no clue about how many of these you do and how much time you spend doing them, so I say keep on making them, but if you dont want to I understand
I still want to do them, and I probably will, I just didn't like how that Vick thread turned out. If it turns out to be too much of a problem here, I will just move the Vault to another site. I don't want to do that, but that is worse case scenario.

Nublar7 said:
I still want to do them, and I probably will, I just didn't like how that Vick thread turned out. If it turns out to be too much of a problem here, I will just move the Vault to another site. I don't want to do that, but that is worse case scenario.

1 of how many successful threads?? I know that thread pissed you off (even though i didnt read it) but I know you'll get over it bro. It;ll pass! :)

Nubs don't even sweat it, regardless of what you do in life there will always be people that bash you for it or take it the wrong way. The work you do with the highlights is GREATLY appreciated by the vast majority of us (Especially those without Sunday Ticket like me) If you just don't have the time to do them due to school and life than we would all certainly understand but don't stop because you don't think the site appreciates what you do. We appreciate it very much.

can you put the video up somehow.i want to show someone the vid

Back
Top Bottom