Which College has produced the best Running backs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which College has produced the best Running backs?

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
DolphinDevil28 said:
Barry Sanders went to Oklahoma St.

So did Thurman Thomas. Best college backfield ever.

While not a true "tandem" in college, Priest Holmes and Ricky (had he NOT smoked) could have been in the same sentence. However their college numbers combined would not have been as astounding as their NFL numbers combined.

NathanHunt said:
While not a true "tandem" in college, Priest Holmes and Ricky (had he NOT smoked) could have been in the same sentence. However their college numbers combined would not have been as astounding as their NFL numbers combined.

Hopefully, down the road we will be able to say that Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams was the best backfield ever.

gotta go with the Canes... they had James, Portis and McGahee all come out in a short period I beleive it was like over a 8 year spand... second has got to be the Longhorns - Benson, Williams and Holmes are all great backs. Well Ricky WAS a great back

Auburn is third on my list with Bo Jackson, Carnell Williams and of course our very own Ronnie Brown

dominizzo said:
I have to say Texas. Earl Campbell and Ricky Williams just top that list, u want more Priest Holmes, Eric Metcalf, and yes the promising Cedric Benson. heres a list of all the schools And i have to say auburn And The "U" have good rbs check it out and let Dominizzo know ur choice?

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2004/Columnists/HistoricalDebate_RBUFIU.htm

Best college backfield I ever saw was when Auburn ran the wishbone in the late 70's early 80's...William Andrews - Fullback, Joe Cribbs and James Brooks were the half-backs. Coming off the bench they had Lionel "Little Train" James. Andrews, Cribbs, and Brooks were all feature backs in the NFL that gained 1000 yards in a season when it meant something. By the way, this team beat Virginia Tech in Blacksburg by something like 55 points.

What about USC? O.J. Simpson, Marcus Allen, Charles White, Ricky Bell. They have a pretty decent one now in Reggie Bush

The U...Miami that is, has been turning out some pretty good ones lately...and I think Gore will surprise some people as well this year...Heck, he was listed above McGahee and Portis before his injuries.

USC Trojans....OJ, Marcus Allen, White....I could go on and on.

This type of thread can go on forever so we'll just eliminate Penn state and leave the rest up for debate :)

syracuse has had some good ones....jim brown went there (so did konrad:tongue:)

Back
Top Bottom