Which College Produces the best RBs??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which College Produces the best RBs???

If you are talking ALL-TIME I would have to go with USC, which has produced OJ Simpson, Marcus Allen, Mike Garrett, Anthony Davis, Ricky Bell, Charles White....I could go on and on. They also have a guy right named named Reggie Bush who probably was just as deserving as Matt Leinart for the Heisman last year, and I think Bush has a good shot this year.

Roman529 said:
If you are talking ALL-TIME I would have to go with USC, which has produced OJ Simpson, Marcus Allen, Mike Garrett, Anthony Davis, Ricky Bell, Charles White....I could go on and on. They also have a guy right named named Reggie Bush who probably was just as deserving as Matt Leinart for the Heisman last year, and I think Bush has a good shot this year.

I think bush is the front runner...but if Leinart keeps playing great just tossing up a bunch of tds the next couple weeks and looks dominant i dont see how you can give him his 2nd heisman ;)

bush will win the heisman, period

miami has put out great backs since the 70s, too. but it's hard to argue against o.j. and marcus allen

OU could of been on that list had our great running backs not broken there legs in the pros.

Didnt Billy Sims like rush for nearly 2000 yards in his rookie season?

Steve Owens and Billy Vessels both broke there legs in the NFL, I cant remeber bout Joe Washington, and about Adrian Peterson, he was rdy for the pros his freshman year. :D

I guess I'll be the first to say Texas. At least their percentage is good. All of their last 3 starters (Priest, Ricky, Benson, did I miss anyone?) are on a team. Plus, the vision that Priest and Ricky have is better than 95% of the backs in the league.

Miami also had Najeh Davenport and James Jackson. Not only is Miami QB U but also RB U and TE U (Franks, Shockey, Winslow, now Olsen) and LB U (Vilma and D.J. Williams are the new breed in the NFL)...it's simply amazing the kind of pro talent UM puts up every year. A lot of guys from schools like Oklahoma and Texas don't make it in the pros, but UM's guys are something special.

RWhitney014 said:
Miami also had Najeh Davenport and James Jackson. Not only is Miami QB U but also RB U and TE U (Franks, Shockey, Winslow, now Olsen) and LB U (Vilma and D.J. Williams are the new breed in the NFL)...it's simply amazing the kind of pro talent UM puts up every year. A lot of guys from schools like Oklahoma and Texas don't make it in the pros, but UM's guys are something special.

Miami hasnt produced a top flight qb since vinny testaverde. But i will agree they are the rb, te, and lb U

Nasty said:
I thought this would be an interesting discussion...
Is it Texas, Auburn, or Miami??? Here are the RBs I can think of...

Texas:
Ricky
Priest
Benson

Auburn:
Ronnie
Caddy
Rudy Johnson
Dominick Davis
Bo Jackson

Miami:
Willis McGahee
Portis
Edge

What college do you think is the best at producing Running Backs??
Of those 3, Auburn clearly

I think its too early to tell. 2 of the major guys from Auburn havent played a complete season and same with Benson.

I would say CURRENTLY in the NFL, the U, but Auburn has the most potential to jump over them with Caddy and Ronnie.

Auburn. Ill take Bo Jackson over any other teams RB combine

I have to say Auburn for Running backs... at least of the recent history.

The U did produce the most Pro players overall... but not the best Running backs. Sorry. But Auburn and USC have put out the BEST running backs.

Back
Top Bottom