Which combo would you rather have...? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which combo would you rather have...?

Avalanche of Wins

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
Alex Smith at the 2 and a running back in the second if acquired via trade, or 3rd. say smith and morency or arrington. or ronnie brown and kyle orton walter or frye in the 3rd or 4th...i myself would love to see us draft smith, and take a shot with arrington or morency, i love the playmaking ability and game breaking speed and quickness of these 2 players...

claytonAndDuper said:
Alex Smith at the 2 and a running back in the second if acquired via trade, or 3rd. say smith and morency or arrington. or ronnie brown and kyle orton walter or frye in the 3rd or 4th...i myself would love to see us draft smith, and take a shot with arrington or morency, i love the playmaking ability and game breaking speed and quickness of these 2 players...

I would be pretty happy with either actually, Smith and Morency sounds nice. But I would prefer Brown and a QB like Frye or Walter though.

i think that you are hitting the offense to hard in the early part of the draft.
1- benson not brown
2- saftey Shazor
3- Center Wilkerson
4- WR Jones
5- ?
7- Saftey Rosegreen

word is shazor ran like a 4.7 or 4.8 thats pretty slow for a safety...i guess he has good size though and can hit like a truck right..? i def like wilkerson. although i guessu could call him a bit undersized, but at this point barret robbins would be a better choice than mckinney. i still am hoping we trade down in the first and draft barron, which has hardly bene mentioned at all cuz its probly nuts but we could get him and pickup a choice to take a rb and another first day pick at least for our number 2, if were not going to draft a qb thats how id like to go

bensons off the field stuff reminds me to much of ricky, mj possesion is enough in itself for me. i wish i could read saban's mind

If Shazor is that slow, then he is just like Bua or Sammy Knight. Slow but hard hitters.

I've watched Shazor for years--never looked that slow.

Again, remember two things:

1) He's a safety. Straight-line speed isn't as essential as other positions.
2) I expected him to be faster, ~4.6. If he CAN run a 4.6, he's .1 slower than Ricky. This isn't like RB where 2 tenths of a second is going to make a pretty large difference. He has everything else.

Also, Knight can't run a 4.7 in his dreams.

Sounds like a good projct though...will keep an eye on his "career"

infiltrateib said:
I've watched Shazor for years--never looked that slow.

Again, remember two things:

1) He's a safety. Straight-line speed isn't as essential as other positions.
2) I expected him to be faster, ~4.6. If he CAN run a 4.6, he's .1 slower than Ricky. This isn't like RB where 2 tenths of a second is going to make a pretty large difference. He has everything else.

Also, Knight can't run a 4.7 in his dreams.

:roflmao: :roflmao:

I want Smith and Arrington. Smith gives us a franchise QB for the next 15 years, and Arrington gives us a great change-of-pace combo with Lamar Gordon. I like the intensity both of them have -- I think they'd spark the offense big time.

Smith and a 2nd round RB would be my ideal situation but Brown/Benson/Cadillac w/ an order of Frye's would be great also.

Back
Top Bottom