which DE is guna have a better year?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

which DE is guna have a better year??

I say Jason Taylor because he is just the better player, but John Abraham looked aweful good. I think he has a pretty good year because it looks like the Jets are getting pressure from elsewhere to help Abraham out.

I think Jason too, he's just a motor that won't quit.

They are very similar players though. However I do believe John Abraham plays on the left side a lot more than JT, going up against RTs.

:sleep:

Let's make this a little more interesting...

a) J.TAYLOR

b) J.PEPPERS

c) S.RICE

My vote goes to Peppers... dude looks like a monster... good to see he finally figured out the supplement game...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I say Jason Taylor because he is just the better player, but John Abraham looked aweful good. I think he has a pretty good year because it looks like the Jets are getting pressure from elsewhere to help Abraham out.

abraham leaves himself open for the run. the running teams will keep him more at bay. he is cat quick off the ball like bruce smith was back in the day though. but a nice counter play or off tackle will make him not want to go so outside. notice abraham was going from both sides last night. JT will be doing the same.Jt is the complete player. Jt does everything, but abraham is not far behind if he starts to pay attention to the run as well as the rush. I just notidced that teh Jets leave alot of running room in lanes, maybe because they thought that the skins would pass all day. teh jets D will ahve to change for us or they will get their *** kicked which could happen anyways.

Originally posted by SoCalRaider
:sleep:

Let's make this a little more interesting...

a) J.TAYLOR

b) J.PEPPERS

c) S.RICE

My vote goes to Peppers... dude looks like a monster... good to see he finally figured out the supplement game...

Peppers is going to be a heck of a player, but I'm not sure how teams block him. In the case of Simeon Rice, he enjoys a lot of single blocking whereas JT gets double teamed (sometimes triple) on most plays.

IMHO JT will have the best season, just not statistically. In other words, he will allow other defensive players to make big plays due to the attention he recieves.

Peppers will probably spend most of the year learning how to defeat double teams...something which JT had to learn to do.

Back
Top Bottom