Which defensive rookie will have most impact? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which defensive rookie will have most impact?

Which rookie defensive player will have the most impact?

• Matt Roth

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Channing Crowder

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Travis Daniels

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters

colmax

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Of which of the defensive rookies do you all think will have the biggest impact on the Dolphins squad this year?

Honestly, I think with the Poole injury, Daniels has the best possibility of starting and making an impact. For starters, he knows the Saban system and knows his (Saban's) expectation. Also, he played FS in the senior bowl. He might just have a shot at that position, too. Just my opinion.

Matt Roth IMO, the dude is a gamer. Rather sh*t on you than help you up. We need some intensity on this team

Crowder because I'm not sure on Daniel's talent and I think he'll get more playing time than Roth because of the depth and rotation on the DL.

Crowder because he'll get the most playing time... IMO, he is the better than Roth, who I also like a lot.

colmax said:
Of which of the defensive rookies do you all think will have the biggest impact on the Dolphins squad this year?

Honestly, I think with the Poole injury, Daniels has the best possibility of starting and making an impact. For starters, he knows the Saban system and knows his (Saban's) expectation. Also, he played FS in the senior bowl. He might just have a shot at that position, too. Just my opinion.

Daniels has the best chance with the 'current' situation. Roth barring any injuries to our DL I see spending his first year as a rotation guy.

Vickerson has an oppurtunity but whether he's got the talent to help get himself in the rotation to keep Bowens/Chester rested and unseat Zgonina and Romero as the top backups remain to be seen.

Crowder is a wildcard depending on Saban's schemes. He could win the starting job at SLB in competition with Spragan. After this year though I think he becomes the starter when Seau retires at WLB and Spragan starts at OLB.

Daniels, Roth, then Crowder. If these guys do make a big impact it means more vets have gotten hurt. They should all be part timers at best. If they do beat out a vet we are getting very lucky.

If they both get the time, between the two I would have to say Channing Crowder. I've noticed a lot of people thinking that Matt Roth will be the starting DE immediately... but it may very well be Vonnie Holliday or David Bowens (if he's still on the team) for all we know. As talented as Matt Roth is, I don't think he will be the starting out IMMEDIATELY. I definitely think he has a bright long future year, but I feel that he'll possibly end up in the starting role maybe in the middle of the season when he gets experience. Hell Travis Daniels, could very well get just as much playing as any of them if not more with Will Poole gone for the year possibly. The biggest Special Teams player will no doubt in my mind be Channing Crowder between the 3 mentioned. I'm also going to say Crowder is going to have the biggest impact, and hopefully Roth will get some sacks opposite of JT (when he does get his playing time) I'm thinking 6-8 if he starts enough... maybe 3 or 4 coming in during the rotation. Crowder gets my vote though, and I feel he's the most talented player that we have drafted other than of course... RONNIE BROWN.

welderpat said:
Matt the mercanarey,Maximus,Monster,Maniac,Mad man,Rothwieler,Roth. :apc:

personally, I favor Rothwieler :cooldude: so Pat, where do you drive the buggy in your avatar?

I'd have to agree with those that say Daniels may have the biggest impact. Given the current situation it looks like he may get more of an opportunity than the others. Opportunity is the key to first year players having an impact.

I voted Crowder, but it was close. At this point I agree that it will come down to playing time. I dont think Seau and Zach will both make it all year with injuries and Crowder will be ahead of Moore on the depth chart. It just kinds dawned on me what a great draft we had. Daniels, Crowder and Roth, IMO, will all make good pro's. Oh ya, and Ronnie Brown.

This year i think Daniels, over their career Roth

Hmm i remember awhile ago people always talked about our Star Trio. (Thomas, Taylor, and Surtain)

Ironic the three positions on defense we chose to draft this year isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom