Which Dolphin Player(s) Have You Met In Person? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Dolphin Player(s) Have You Met In Person?

Jay Fiedler at Slattery's for the MetLife Takerover pregame a few years ago. He definitely had a few drinks in him by the time I said hello.

Dolphins:

Marino (was incredibly nice)
Tannehill (was even nicer)

Non Dolphins:

Drew Brees (He was decent, but seemed he was too big to be at the autograph signing)
Santonio Holmes (ahole)
LeSean McCoy (Decent)

Summary: Dolphins have the nicest players

I was a little kid with my dad as he ran into a liquor store on Pembroke Road in the early 70's, who walks in? Larry Freakin Czonka. It was so cool at the time. Years later as a yougster I was parking cars at the Miami International Merchandise Mart and who drives up? None other than Don Strock and Dan Marino. Marino was sooo young then that Shula had Strock driving him around and keeping him out of trouble.

I met Dan Marino in the hotel lobby of the Providence Biltmore in Rhode Island around 2003 or so I'd guess. It was right about the time camera phones were becoming a thing and I remember seeing a TV commercial in the room and then going down to get a drink in the lobby. So lo and behold there is Jim Nantz. And then Marino showed up to talk to him!!! I was such a mark, I went over and bothered him and told him I'd been watching him since his Pitt days and he shook my hand. Haha, I rode the elevator back up with Nantz and him and could barely say anything other than "Huge fan, thanks for all the great games!" like a total starstruck moron. Got back to the room and told my girlfriend at the time who just laughed because I had just been making fun of camera phones on tv, saying "who would ever need one of those?!"

They were in town to cover a Patriots - Colts playoff game and staying in Providence rather than the dump that was Foxboro at the time.

Dolphins
Irving Fryar - Maet when he was with NE
Josh McCown (lol, met him when he was with the Cardinal's in Buffalo. I was with the only Cardinals fan in the stadium and Josh approached us before the game)

Non Dolphins (notice where I'm from)
Raymond Berry
Steve Grogan
Matt Bahr
Vincent Brown
Sam Gash (great guy, Super Market)
Mike Burke (in the Super Market)
Doug Flutie

And not sure anyone will notice this name from deflate gate but John Jastremski.

In 1999 when I lived in Cali, I went to Oakland to see us play, we won 16-9 in that October game. After the game finished I went to the team buses. There I met and got Autographs from: Dan Marino, O.J. McDuffie, Olindo Mare, Damon Huard on my Construction Logo Helmet. Then I got to meet Troy Drayton, Calvin Jackson, and Jimmy Johnson and they signed my baseball hat with the 1966 Throwback Logo. BEST DAY EVER! I Still got my helmet with Dan, O.J., Olindo, and Damon signatures on it. I ****ing lost my my other hat at Magic Mountain on a ride in 2000. But, meeting my idol Dan Marino and then chatting with him and all of them was awesome and getting their sigs were just a bonus. Danny was injured that year (but came back later in the year we went 9-7 and won in Seattle a playoff game then in the Divisional we got smoked 62-7 versus the Jags. Damon Huard was our QB in Oakland. This was the last year we would ever see #13 again.

Too many to list dating back to when I was a kid, but Dan Marino was the most memorable. I'd say the Marks Bros. were the coolest and most down to earth, and Kenny Stills is just a flat out awesome dude. Really enjoyed shooting the **** with Sam Madison as well. I was in high school, and I played both WR/CB and he gave me some tips that I'll pass down to my son when he's ready to suit up.

Only negative experience was with Jason Taylor. No surprise there. He's a douchebag. Zach Thomas actually apologized for his buddy being "in a bad mood" -- several people have said the same about him.

Mike Gesicki, great kid. I expect a big 2019 from him with the new coaching staff.

A few ..i have been really lucky. Been in the family waiting area after a few games ( got kicked out once funny story there). 2 private Dolphin alumni parties wad working as raffle guy lol ..i took any job I could . Zach Thomas a few times at a luncheon and hopefully when I get down to fla in Aug we are going to Brews Room for beer and wings .

He (Zach) lives in Deerfield Beach and know him thru some mutual friends .

List would include:
Dan Marino
Zach Thomas
Don Shula
All of the killer Bs (boy Scout event)
Oj
Csonka
Reggie Roby

Cough Gase cough

I can't remember all of them .

Here is a pic of me arm wresrling Zach .IMAG00084.jpg IMAG00081.jpg

Have some pictures of their helicopter and old jet. I will see if wife can dig them up.

Here is the old link https://finheaven.com/threads/fin-aircrafts.242195/#post-4976252
..i think wife moved photos to some other cloud place. I will find them if anyone wants to see .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom