Which Dolphin Player(s) Have You Met In Person? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Dolphin Player(s) Have You Met In Person?

Virtually every member of the team from 1971-1973.
Camp was a LOT different then.
Quite a few in the 80s and a few during the JJ years, most notably Thomas, Surtain, Wooden, Kirby, Pruitt, Madison, Taylor, Gardener. A couple more.
None since 1997.

Met Keith Jackson when I was 11. Went to the Marino Achilles game in Cleveland and stayed at the same hotel as the team.
I was headed down to breakfast with my dad and Jackson and another player (don’t remember who) got on. He saw my Dolphin helmet with a few autographs and asked if he could sign too. I was in awe and he was amazing. He almost walked out with it but laughed and handed it back saying the one he had for the game offered a little more protection. All around class act.

I went to school and played football with Bill Belichicks son. Bill was a down to earth. Its funny I hated the guy for years before I met him.
I played against Aaron Hernandez years ago. Ofcourse all Pats players.
Tebucky Jones comes in to my current place of work every now and then though. Guess he is the only one.
I was starstruck when I met Chris Berman tho.

I met Ronnie Brown, guy was a douche.

Paul Soliai - Awesome dude

Jason Taylors Wife, now ex - She was hot!!

Duper and Clayton at a fundraiser...they even autographed a Mark's Brothers framed poster for me!!! (granted, I paid a couple hundred in silent auction for it lol)

Clayton
Duper
Crash
Rose
Kosar
Nat Moore
Bokamper
Mare
Daniel Stubbs (repeatedly, had a few beverages...friend of the family.)
ETA: Strock, when I was a little kid.

Last edited:
Nick Buoniconti and Mercury Morris during their playing days. I delivered the Miami News (now defunct) paper to Nick's house and knocked on Mercury's door one day when a friend said he knew where he lived. Mercury answered and shook my hand. I was 12 at the time and I remember his arms being huge.

Rishard Matthews during his rookie season, Kuech in the waiting area of a Deerfield Beach hair cutter and Junior Seau while playing for the Fins at a promotional appearance in the Sawgrass Mills Mall.

I feel like a virgin. 47 years of being a fan and I can't remember meeting a single Dolphin in person. Strange....

I have spoken with Xavien Howard a couple of times. What really impressed me was his strong desire to succeed - he is driven. Good guy - quite introverted.

Sam Madison, Jason Taylor, Rob Konrad, Zach Thomas, Richmond Webb....I'm sure there was some but I can't remember at this time.....oh and I almost punched Bernie Parmalee in the back of the head

Dan Marino (twice), Don Shula, Jason Taylor, Zack Thomas, Richmond Webb (multiple), Chris Chambers, Jim Kiick (multiple), Joey Porter, Channing Crowder (multiple), Bryan Cox, Mark Duper (multiple), Mark Clayton (multiple), Mercury Morris (multiple), Ricky Williams (twice), Wes Welker, Sam Maddison, Larry Little, Paul Warfield, OJ McDuffie (multiple), John Offerdahl, Nick Saban, Cam Cameron, Crash Jensen, Randy McMichael (multiple), Earl Morrall, Ronnie Brown, John Beck, Troy Vincent, Troy Stradford, Marc Logan (still talk to him), Bernie Kosar, Vernon Carey (multiple, friends with his Dad), Jeff Cross, Tony Nathan, Mark Ingram, Louis Oliver, Keith Byars (multiple), Terry Kirby, Tony Martin, John Denny, Jared Odrick,Yeremiah Bell, Marcus Vick, Cleo Lemon, Dwight Hollier, Vontae Davis, Patrick Surtain......

Back
Top Bottom