Which Dolphin Player(s) Have You Met In Person? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Dolphin Player(s) Have You Met In Person?

The Dolphins were pretty great when we played the Jets at Wembley (just pooped the bed during the actual game). They had a lot of former players - I met Clayton & Duper, Sam Madison, Bokamper, Nat Moore, OJ McDuffie, Cefalo and a few more. I saw Marino at the pub, but didn't get to meet him and Griese chose to have a coffee rather than mingle with fans, and didn't turn up when he was due to do some signing in a booth (totally his prerogative but i'm still a bit disappointed).
Also bumped into Ajayi, Grimes, Jamar Taylor and Mike Pouncey at the hotel. Only one i didn't talk to was Grimes as he looked a bit pissed.
Not a player, but one of the Dolphins staff chuckled at me when I dropped some stuff in the hotel (I'd had a few drinks). didn't have a clue who he was, but recognised him a few days later when he was introduced as our interim head coach.
To a fault, they were all really friendly (Grimes notwithstanding, but then his wife had got arrested the week before so it was understandable). Taylor seemed like a great guy, I was hoping he'd turn it on. Pouncey was really nice, and huge.
Madison was probably the most fun of the alumni, closely followed by OJ. I've got a full size helmet with most of the autographs, it was a great experience.

I was hoping for the same at the Saints game, but only saw Sam Madison that time. No alumni at the party they put on this time, which was a shame as a few had made the trip including Csonka who I'd love to meet. The only similarity was we pooped the bed in that game as well.

I saw Landry and Greg Jennings (just after he retired) at NFL UK events as well, but didn't get to talk to them.

Favourite non-Dolphins player I've seen was definitely Kurt Warner. I'd run through walls for that guy.

my dude
Hanging poolside with Ricky. Morning dew fogged the camera lens, bummer.
View attachment 15544
are you sure it was morning dew that was foggy , Ricky one of my all time favorites who history will vindicate about weed usage, feel bad that he got crucified for non PEDs , he needed it to cope with the physical and mental pain

For what it's worth - the MetLife takeovers are a great place to go if you're looking to get a photo, shake some hands, etc. Clayton, Duper, Joe Rose, Nat Moore, Kim Bokamper were all there last year.

my dude

are you sure it was morning dew that was foggy , Ricky one of my all time favorites who history will vindicate about weed usage, feel bad that he got crucified for non PEDs , he needed it to cope with the physical and mental pain
He was actually a really cool guy, glassy eyes and all. We talked for about a half hour, I actually left him, otherwise, he may still have been talking to me. He was reading a "Zen" book, sipping tea (prob herbal I'm sure) and talking to me about a college from my home town that is well known for partying. I'm in PA, he went to school in Texas and knew it's reputation! Ironic....

Just Tannehill but what a time it was - we basically watched the Denver- Seattle SB for about 40 minutes together and talked fins the whole time. Wonderful human being.

Lets see...Cris Carter (, Ndamukong Suh, Olivier Vernon, Rishard Matthews, Jay Ajayi and Jelani Jenkins. All when they were Dolphins too.

My mother worked with Charlie Leigh, and I talked with him several times. I also rode an elevator with my father and Bob Griese in Boston.

Feb, 1984. I was a Pitt student. Lived in the dorms most football players lived in. Ducky Lewis was starting CB and always bugged me and ate my food. Anyway, one Sunday in February I was studying for midterms and Ducky came to my door. Wouldn’t go away. So I opened it and there stood Dan Marino, complete with Afro. I was stunned. He came into my dorm room and signed the poster on the wall and talked for a few. Ducky gave us all beers. He was just walking around his old neighborhood and dorms. We all know what happened the following fall, the magical 1984 season!

Back
Top Bottom