Which Dolphins player is in most jeopardy of losing his starting spot during TC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Dolphins player is in most jeopardy of losing his starting spot during TC

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Which Dolphins player is in most jeopardy of losing his starting spot during training

Which Dolphins player is in most jeopardy of losing his starting spot during training camp?
Jay Fiedler
Arturo Freeman
Morlon Greenwood
James McKnight
Todd Perry
from the Sun...to me it is obvious

barring injury here are my thoughts:
Jay Fiedler - about 1% chance
Arturo Freeman - most likely Knight will beat him out since we need more takeaways
Morlon Greenwood - Moore has 50/50 chance of getting spot if he can learn fast, but most likely would not start until during reg season
James McKnight - 50/50 chance team will want more possession like guy in OG or DT
Todd Perry - c/b beat out by McKinney if Nails is healthy, seems like a stretch though

I think all of those will most likely lose there starting job except Jay Fiedler.

It would be very moronic to throw Griese into a new offensive scheme especially when Fiedler has one year under his belt. I think Fiedler will do much better this year. Not as many INT's like he had against the Chiefs last year.

Freeman is the most likely imo...Not quite a starting job, but I think the most likely to lose his position is Fletcher.

Arturo Freeman is definitely the most likely of the starters to not be a starter by the end of TC.

Yeah I have to go Arturo having greatest chance.

I can't imagine freeman beating out Knight. I just don't see it happening.

I think Arturo freeman will lose his spot to Knight. I also think Gadsen will lose his spot on the roster this season to either Tolver or another one of the rookie receivers at camp. I think I remember reading that if we cut OG at camp we only have to pay him something around 50k.

Shoe in at WR are
Chambers
Thompson
Tolver

Canadien Fish I don't know if you are new here but our "shoe ins" at WR are these guys

Chambers,McKnight,Thompson,Gadsden,Tolver.

Also I say Freeman has the biggest shot at losing his job. Knight is a pro bowl who averages 5 INTs a year and Freeman is a guy who averages .3 INTs a year.

PT, all five of those guys are not shoe-ins. Its been said pretty explicitly by the front office that this year we could keep only 4 WRs on the roster. Robert Ford himself said he doesn't know if he's going to get 5 WRs this season.

I could see Arturo ending up splitting time with Sammy Knight. The coaches are really tentative about Knight's lack of speed...and in this system, they ought to be. Its an experiment I just dont know what the results will be.

Just cuz it took a little while for Morlon to break into the starting lineup don't assume it will for Eddie Moore. First off, Moore is better coming out of college than Greenwood. The coaches drafted Morlon based pretty much on one game, Syracuse vs Miami, when Morlon was used as a "SAM" linebacker in pretty much the same exact role he is for the Dolphins very very similar, and he excelled. The rest of the year he was just "pretty good" and possibly a bit of a stretch even in the 3rd round, if it weren't for the fact that the coaches have seen him play the exact position they want him to play and saw him excel at it.

Moore is better coming out of college, much more production, heart, instincts, speed, etc. Plus, Morlon got injured in TC and missed most of it, and that hampered his production severely considering his lack of instincts. Moore is healthy (knock on wood) and already he's not making any mistakes out there learning the system. My guess is that if he doesn't beat Morlon out in training camp, the only way he sees starting action during the regular season is via injury. If he doesn't beat out Morlon in TC its cuz he's just not ready, and if he's just not ready it means he's probably a year or so away...not a few regular season games away.

Back
Top Bottom