Which EDGE rusher would you take @ Pick #18, if any? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which EDGE rusher would you take @ Pick #18, if any?

Which, if any, EDGE RUSHER Would you take @ #18?

• Total voters
I generally would not pick one of those at 18, and MOST certainly would not pick PHILLIPS due to his concussions. ....

I DO like OJULARI as a DE, and if I had to pick one at 18, it would be OWEH (followed by OJULARI) ... at least 3-4 of those dudes will be there in RD 2 ...

I generally would not pick one of those at 18, and MOST certainly would not pick PHILLIPS due to his concussions. ....

I DO like OJULARI as a DE, and if I had to pick one at 18, it would be OWEH (followed by OJULARI) ... at least 3-4 of those dudes will be there in RD 2 ...
Sorry to disagree but I wouldn’t draft Oweh before the fifth round. While his pro day results were off the chart, his actual play on the field just doesn’t merit him being drafted until the third day of the draft.
He appears to be a player who will be drafted more off his pro day showing than his play on the field and hopefully the Dolphins aren’t the team that is fooled by how he looked in shorts last week.

Ojulari is the safest pick in my view you have measurables there and production. I like Paye a lot too and his measurables are off the charts but the big concern with him is his lack of sacks, 11.5 over a 4 year career is a concern. Phillips is probably the best of the group but I don't think any team would be willing to take him in round 1 with his concussion history, I want him at 36 though. Ossai is another I would consider at 18 and be very happy with that pick. Basham and Oweh are round 2 guys, I would also be tempted with Rousseau at 50 but he scares me. Missing on this list Zaven Collins who may have the ability to play there for Miami, would take him at 18 if that's the plan.

I think the Dolphins will look long and hard at drafting Jaelan Phillips, so he was my pick in the poll. His story is SUCH a story that Flo would bang the table for. Couple that with Flo personally attending the Miami pro day and I wouldn't be surprised if he is the name called.

Would I draft him? I'm not sure I would be able to if there was anyone rated around the same value available. His injury/concussion history doesn't scream long term, and recovery or no recovery he was in a spot where doctors were telling him to medically retire. The concussions worry the most out of anything.

He has a chance to be special, especially right out of the gate, but so many of the moves we are making are with an eye towards 2-3 years down the road. Drafting him would mean leaning heavily on the Dolphins medical staff, which always makes me sweat profusely.

I think the Dolphins will look long and hard at drafting Jaelan Phillips, so he was my pick in the poll. His story is SUCH a story that Flo would bang the table for. Couple that with Flo personally attending the Miami pro day and I wouldn't be surprised if he is the name called.

Would I draft him? I'm not sure I would be able to if there was anyone rated around the same value available. His injury/concussion history doesn't scream long term, and recovery or no recovery he was in a spot where doctors were telling him to medically retire. The concussions worry the most out of anything.

He has a chance to be special, especially right out of the gate, but so many of the moves we are making are with an eye towards 2-3 years down the road. Drafting him would mean leaning heavily on the Dolphins medical staff, which always makes me sweat profusely.

All you can say is 𝗪𝗢𝗪.

Jaelan Phillips just ran an unofficial 𝟰.𝟱𝟲 in his first 40-yard dash!

Just ran a mock that saw Sewell fall to 18, ended up with Pitts AND Sewell so no EDGE for me at 18 ;)

Kyle Pitts
    TE Florida

Penei Sewell
    OT Oregon

Zaven Collins
    LB Tulsa

Javonte Williams
    RB North Carolina

Tyson Campbell
    CB Georgia

Michael Menet
    OC Penn State

Erroll Thompson
    LB Mississippi State

Jason Pinnock
    CB Pittsburgh

Those guys who took the year off are unknowns. Hard to tell how teams will rank them.

Of those DEs I do like Paye.

All you can say is 𝗪𝗢𝗪.

Jaelan Phillips just ran an unofficial 𝟰.𝟱𝟲 in his first 40-yard dash!

Measurables were never the concern with Phillips, it's all about that UCLA concussion history, it'll take an extremely brave GM to take him in round 1. Paye and Ojulari ran similar times btw.

Back
Top Bottom