Which EDGE rusher would you take @ Pick #18, if any? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which EDGE rusher would you take @ Pick #18, if any?

Which, if any, EDGE RUSHER Would you take @ #18?

• Total voters
It is relatively poor at the top. But after free agency, edge is our biggest need, and is high positional value as always. I want edge at 18, unless there's some great value falling. (And assuming 1a is a pass catching weapon).

I voted Paye. I think Phillips is the best, but we seem to have a lot of key players recovering from serious injury, or with multi-year injury histories.

I think it's a gamble. I voted Paye, but don't think he'll be there.

Oweh is very interesting. Can't teach that speed and explosion. Kind of like having a 100 mph fastball.

It is a bad year for edge rushers but we really need one. I will scream if they take a project at 18, they won't do that will they?

IMHO, Jaelan Phillips is the best edge rusher in this class. Given a choice to gamble on one of these guys, he's also probably the best fit for our defense. I dislike drafting home town guys because they come with baggage (entourage, etc.), but the kid has the size, tools, flexibility, and can do a lot more than just rush the passer. Given that he's also probably the best pass rusher ... I think we make that gamble.

Because at the end of the day, there are no sure thing pass rushers in this draft .... zero.

They will not draft any edge rusher at #18. No chance.
They will draft the highest rated player on their board regardless of position.
Im sure they have players like Horn, Collins, Harris, Surtain, Slater rated higher. Of course those could all be gone by #18.

Since we're talking about edge rushers, I'd like to introduce you to my super-sleeper, UVa's Charles Snowden. I've been a huge fan of his for a few years now and I'll let this video say it to give you a rest from my bullhorn. :D Note: This was made before he got injured early in the season, which is why I think he will slide to a round 3 or 4 guy despite 1st round talent.

Back
Top Bottom