Which EDGE rusher would you take @ Pick #18, if any? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which EDGE rusher would you take @ Pick #18, if any?

Which, if any, EDGE RUSHER Would you take @ #18?

• Total voters
I wish Jaelan Phillips wasn't such a concern with his concussion issues because his pro day was off the charts. Watching his footwork was inspiring.

However, I gotta go with drafting Kwity Paye at 18.
Phillips may be #1 off the board for Edge if not for the Concussion issues..or even with! Big risk, though!

Paye. But he probably won't be there.

Otherwise wait for the value in round 2.

What if waddle is available at 18, I think he drops, he clearly hasn’t recovered from his injury. Doesn’t it take a whole year to recover from a broken ankle? I see waddle dropping big time. If available at 18 , do we take him?
Yes, absolutely. Even if we got Chase at 6. I think edge is our biggest positional need, but that value is just too much to pass up. Doubt it happens, though.

Sadly Minnesota is in the market for a DE and picking before 18.
Id love to grab Oweh in round 3 but he wont get that far with his ridic 40 time.
If Oweh is there at 50 we need to get him

Last edited:
I don't think EDGE is BPA at #18, so I will pass and look at some dudes who can set the edge in round 2. My goal for this year is to seriously raise the bar on the overall talent with our skill positions. I want BPA, but I still want to emphasize helping Tua take the next step. We might not be able to add a top-tier DE because this draft may not have one, but sustaining drives and scoring more points will help our defense, too, by keeping them off the field and allowing them to rest.

Last edited:
Kwity Paye isn't an edge rusher, he's a run destroyer. I don't like any of the edge rush talent this year, except for Jaelan who I think is artificially high because of the lack of talent in this cohort. The linebackers are amazing though. Would rather go in that direction if it has to be defense. JOK at #18 would be sick.

Crapshoot position. As in edge rusher is a difficult position to project the transition from college to pro. Look at Wake, he even did not get a chance to play at NFL at first.
However i like the couple UM boys and Paye.

Crapshoot position. As in edge rusher is a difficult position to project the transition from college to pro. Look at Wake, he even did not get a chance to play at NFL at first.
However i like the couple UM boys and Paye.
Yessir...I wouldn't be totally against Phillips @ #18 if we really love him or a trade down or if he somehow falls outta the first and trading up...I mean injuries/concussions are a risk...but the talent is there! Even not so injury prone college players are an injury risk..so it's a risk no matter what..even players that stay healthy can bust...so if you're gonna make an educated guess/bet..I say bet on the better/best talent!

Kwity Paye isn't an edge rusher, he's a run destroyer. I don't like any of the edge rush talent this year, except for Jaelan who I think is artificially high because of the lack of talent in this cohort. The linebackers are amazing though. Would rather go in that direction if it has to be defense. JOK at #18 would be sick.
Well...Miami's main weakness was run defense so...
Conclusion: Run destroyer good?

We need to face some facts this year. The salary cap screwed everyone over. It happened to hit at a really bad time for a rebuilding team that is in rebuild mode which hand-cuffed us in FA.
Teams with set rosters are hurt by this the least as they are busy restructuring contracts. We didn't even have enough cap room to sign a player like Juju (20 million).

Last edited:
Well...Miami's main weakness was run defense so...
Conclusion: Run destroyer good?

We need to face some facts this year. The salary cap screwed everyone over. It happened to hit at a really bad time for a rebuilding team that is in rebuild mode which hand-cuffed us in FA.
Teams with set rosters are hurt by this the least as they are busy restructuring contracts. We didn't even have enough cap room to sign a player like Juju (20 million).
I agree that he would be a good pickup for us, but it's gonna depend on what other talent is there at #18.

I don't think we're loaded with enough picks to really 100% solve all our core needs.

That said, we need to hit on those top 4 picks -- and if that means passing on a position

of need where all the top prospects are "questionable," then sobeit. That trade down from

3 to 6 hurt us in '21. It would be a different ball game if we hand landed an additional R2

and R3 for THIS draft. After those top 4 picks are chances get pretty damn thin...

Back
Top Bottom