Which Game Was More Detrimental to Miami Missing the Playoffs? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Game Was More Detrimental to Miami Missing the Playoffs?

Which Game Was More Costly?

• Denver 20 Miami 13

• Baltimore 47 Cleveland 42

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Denver game really bothered. Our other losses were to good teams (NE was playing well when we lost to them)

Not really, we still controlled our own destiny and failed. We didn’t need anyone to lose, in fact some of the playoff teams needed us to lose and we did. Do they deserve to be in since they needed a Dolphins loss? At one point the Ravens and the Colts needed a Dolphins loss. 2 undeserving playoff teams I guess.
Not really? It’s my opinion.

Probably biggest lose was
Cleveland losing to browns. We would have been in with ten wins if that game didn’t go that way. I knew we were sunk after that.

other games. The texans fumbling on the 1 yard line against colts twice hurt us. Except for the draft.

other games I watched this year that I knew would bite us.

Cleveland beating bengals with 30 seconds left. I knew that would hurt us because browns played nobody all year.
Other then that I guess the game we lost to Broncos was the worst .

We were not ready for the playoffs anyway
I understand that feeling based on the Buffalo game, but to me that game was the stars lining up against us. All personnel performed poorly in that game, If we played the Bills again I would not expect that type of blow out again.

I understand that feeling based on the Buffalo game, but to me that game was the stars lining up against us. All personnel performed poorly in that game, If we played the Bills again I would not expect that type of blow out again.
The team quit on flores. Probably shouldnt have named Tua the starter 15 minutes after Fitzpatrick led the team to a victory in las vegas.

I will have to be devil's advocate here and say that any game that Tua couldn't execute. We left our defense in the Field for most of the game against Buffalo. Had we had Fitzpatrick in the game we could have fought hard for a win. We almost lost the Raiders game, and we had a lot of wins against teams with losing records. When it came time to playing good teams we ended up losing. Our record would have been better had Fitz started, but at the same time we had to further evaluate Tua. If Tua improves in his 2nd season, and makes up for all the mistakes he made in his Rookie season then we might have better chances at winning games that we lost.

Because Miami was the underdog in all those games they lost. Miami was favored against Denver that’s why it’s the “focus” it was the only game Miami lost as the favorite this year.

This is more a book maker thing.

Denver at home, cold weather and the ability to run the ball. Maybe the favored status was just bad money.

The team quit on flores. Probably shouldnt have named Tua the starter 15 minutes after Fitzpatrick led the team to a victory in las vegas.
Pure speculation, this wasn't the first time Tua got pulled for Fitz and started the following week.

The Bills loss week 17 was the worst because we both missed the playoffs and it shows we weren’t worthy of making it after getting blasted by them.

Ummm...all of them. Didn't matter which loss we could have turned into a win. Win and we were in.

Because Miami was the underdog in all those games they lost. Miami was favored against Denver that’s why it’s the “focus” it was the only game Miami lost as the favorite this year.
Technically incorrect. The Dolphins closed 3.5 point favorites at Buffalo last week.

That game bounced around. Buffalo was -1.5 before Fitzpatrick tested positive. The line shot up to Bills -3. It sat there for a couple of days then the money avalanched on Miami and the game was consensus -3.5 on Sunday.

I understand if that wasn't rationalized by Dolphin fans. It doesn't seem like the Dolphins could be favored in that game. Those final weeks are so screwy so you get some bizarre numbers, like the Chargers favored by a touchdown at Kansas City.

I generally leave that final week alone other than if they fit one of my best systems

Back
Top Bottom