Which Game Was More Detrimental to Miami Missing the Playoffs? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Game Was More Detrimental to Miami Missing the Playoffs?

Which Game Was More Costly?

• Denver 20 Miami 13

• Baltimore 47 Cleveland 42

Results are only viewable after voting.
Denver is easy answer. You never want to leave your fate in someone else’s hands. We can’t be upset with Cleveland bc we had 6 other opportunities to close the deal but Denver was the dagger.

Technically incorrect. The Dolphins closed 3.5 point favorites at Buffalo last week.

That game bounced around. Buffalo was -1.5 before Fitzpatrick tested positive. The line shot up to Bills -3. It sat there for a couple of days then the money avalanched on Miami and the game was consensus -3.5 on Sunday.

I understand if that wasn't rationalized by Dolphin fans. It doesn't seem like the Dolphins could be favored in that game. Those final weeks are so screwy so you get some bizarre numbers, like the Chargers favored by a touchdown at Kansas City.

I generally leave that final week alone other than if they fit one of my best systems
By kickoff Buffalo was -1.5.

I think the first Buffalo game, when Preston Williams dropped a 4th down TD and right after that Van Noy dropped a pick 6. Right there I know that would come back to hunt us. Closely followed by the Denver game. BTW, drafting a QB followed by drafting OL without drafting one single WR or RB is simply stupid.

I think the first Buffalo game, when Preston Williams dropped a 4th down TD and right after that Van Noy dropped a pick 6. Right there I know that would come back to hunt us. Closely followed by the Denver game. BTW, drafting a QB followed by drafting OL without drafting one single WR or RB is simply stupid.
I respectfully disagree with you. They drafted exactly how they should have. You don’t build a football team from the outside in. You build it from the inside out. They knew how bad our OL/DL were and they were horrendous in Flo’s first year. It HAD to be fixed right away and Th at is why the focus was the trenches in the last off-season. If you win in the trenches more times than not you’re going to win the game. It’s much easier to integrate 2/3 new skill guys into an offense than it is to integrate 3/4 new OL. But now those 3 rookie OL have played an entire 16. Our OL should be a true strength next year for the first time since I can remember. Same thing with the DL. We addressed it by bringing in Lawson/Ogbah and what happened? Our sacks and pressures go way up and our defense got much better and was able to keep us in basically 15/16 games this year. That’s how you build a team. It was absolutely the right decision.

First Buffalo game, Seattle and Denver games. But seriously the Buffalo and Seattle games felt the more winnable. Denver in Denver is totally weird look at the division games where Denver rose up against much better AFC west opponents in past years. We just didn't finish in the early Bills game and against Seattle and its completely amazing that we were even in that first Bills game to start with after getting buttsmacked by Allen and Diggs like ALL DAY LONG and with Jones out. It made me think we actually had a legit chance last week against the Bills. I thought our D was better than theirs, our special teams were a push and we would find a way to keep it at least close till they pulled their starters and then maybe our feeble offense would compete for a win there. I couldn't be more wrong. I got trashed by Bills fans for predicting we would compete on twitter. We aren't there yet. Our special teams were a massive letdown week 17, our D got exhausted and demoralized - especially disappointing on the series after our first possession in the second half, I expected a lift there for our d but it didn't materialize. I really wonder if Fitz getting covid was a drag on team morale across the board because it was a letdown in effort. We overachieved all year and laid a total egg in week 17, albeit against a much more talented opponent but I did not see that coming.

Seattle game has bugged me all season. It was there to be won.

Last edited:
Incorrect. The Dolphins closed -3.5

Here is the Vegas Insider team page for the Dolphins. They always use the closing line on the log.

it was the same way at Top Bet. Dolphins favored at kickoff of Bills game. I thought about doubling my money line bet on Bills with the great odds. Should have pulled the trigger.

Neither are like 3-4 other teams but we would have competed our dicks off regardless.
Except for Steelers may be, we will get bounce out in first week if we get in. I am not interested in it.

I rather sit out the playoff, and up our position in the draft with our pick, and build for the future.

I know i know....any given Sunday....
But still, the fact is our rebuilding still has long way to go.

Back
Top Bottom