Which Nfl Players Could Realistically (and Not So Realistically) Still Be Traded This Summer? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Nfl Players Could Realistically (and Not So Realistically) Still Be Traded This Summer?

Don't really know what you're looking at, or where you get that opinion, but far more times then not, when he touches the ball, he actually does something with it, is very fast, yet does not go down easy, very rarely gets caught in the backfield, and has a good attitude.

If there is one thing that I wish he improved on, it wouid be actually getting more yardage after catching a pass.

I suppose this is a subjective topic. Superstars at the RB are Todd Gurley, Alvin Kamara, David Johnson, etc. If you feel comfortable putting him in the same tier as those RBs, I guess that’s up to you. I think most people consider him a capable back with great speed. I think he’d excel as a third down back with a true bruiser handling the bulk of the runs.

The Dolphins drafted explosive athletes and not football players. That, in a nutshell, is the main problem. Drafting a guy with high SPARQ numbers in the later rounds and taking a chance on developing him into something is an acceptable risk. In the 2nd UGH!

I personally believe Drake needs to become a better blocker, a head of all else. But who knows if we'll run a backfield by committee. So that's still to be seen. It all comes down to Drake's opinion on what his worth is. I would personally like to lock him up now, because his market value may be higher than what we are willing to pay. I'm with Jerry Seinfeld "Love The Drake".

This is very true, totally forgot about that.

Blocking really should be #1 of what he needs to work on. Thanks

Either we are watching 2 different backs, or one of us is suffering from the Mandela effect.

He regularly goes down on the wrong side of the LOS.

He doesn't break many tackles (not a power back).

I'll give you speed, and explosiveness. He is capable of breaking it at any time, but that is hardly a "unique" quality in the NFL.

I also don't think he is overrated by the majority of fans. Just like politics, there are extreme opinions on both ends of the spectrum, and the "truth" is in the middle.

I think most posters here believe he is a decent back. Solid as a reciever, but leaves a lot to be desired in pass blocking, and short yardage situations. He has positives, and negatives, same as most NFL players.

He has not started enough for anyone to be 100% sure if he is decent or much more, but for you too say he is not tough, or that he loses yardage more then more the not falling forward tells me we have been watching different RBs.

He is not a powerback, his speed is his number 1 weapon, but when running, it is very rare that he goes down easy, or for a loss.

If you're talking about how easy he goes down when he is catches the ball, then I agree 100%, and did call that his biggest weakness, before reminded his blocking is terrible.

Right here alone 1 counted more or less 26 times where he was touched, yet kept going...that is the type of toughness I am talking about, not that he's a powerback.

I suppose this is a subjective topic. Superstars at the RB are Todd Gurley, Alvin Kamara, David Johnson, etc. If you feel comfortable putting him in the same tier as those RBs, I guess that’s up to you. I think most people consider him a capable back with great speed. I think he’d excel as a third down back with a true bruiser handling the bulk of the runs.

I am saying he potentially could be a Superstar with the type of tools he has.

Would you at least call a RB that can get over 1000 yards with a better then 4.5 yards a carry consistently, and about 27 receptions for 200 added yards, 5 to 7 TDs a Star RB (Not Superstar, but star/Franchise RB)?

With what he has done so far, if he had been allowed to be the premier RB, that is where he would have been IMO. Now if he became a better receiver and scored around 10 to 15 TDs, went over 1200 consistently, while becoming at least a solid blocker (This is where I might be very wrong), that is a close to, if not a Superstar RB.

It's all just opinion, and considering Drake will finally be the premier RB this coming year, we will find out this year one way or another what tyoe of back he really is if given the ball for the entire year, as a starter.

He has not started enough for anyone to be 100% sure if he is decent or much more, but for you too say he is not tough, or that he loses yardage more then more the not falling forward tells me we have been watching different RBs.

He is not a powerback, his speed is his number 1 weapon, but when running, it is very rare that he goes down easy, or for a loss.

If you're talking about how easy he goes down when he is catches the ball, then I agree 100%, and did call that his biggest weakness, before reminded his blocking is terrible.

Right here alone 1 counted more or less 26 times where he was touched, yet kept going...that is the type of toughness I am talking about, not that he's a powerback.

Best thing on those is feel for space. Pretty natural with it. But highlights don’t show the wide, wider, and widest part in his game. Although you can see some “bounce” in these too.

But hey maybe he gets back to 2017 drake. Be nice. Get north south inside the tackles when the play calls for it

Last edited:

I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't "tough".

The issue, to me is that he, sometimes, hesitates, or changes direction looking for a big play, when the proper choice is to take the 3-4 yds to stay ahead of the chains. He is not Barry Sanders.

Another member here posted a breakdown, comparing KD to Gore, as to plays for no gain or loss, by diwn and distance. I'm not going to spend hour looking for it, but it wasn't a pretty picture.

I don't think, as some others here do, that Drake is horrible, at all. I just don't buy into him being a top back, given the opportunity.

He is replaceable with a mid rd pick, IMO. Therefore, I would not be in favor of giving him a contract in line with backs that are the top half of the league.

That feel for space comes from being a returner. That might be where a lot of that bounce comes from too although that’s probably also growing up being the fastest cat on the field and running to open space/field memory. “If I can gain the corner/sideline it’s pay dirt.” Same feel for space that jakeem grant has. Just in grant more limited due to size and body for contact.

Drake does a nice job of using his feet to set up guys to defeat angles. You don’t find that everywhere.

Last edited:
Best thing on those is feel for space. Pretty natural with it. But highlights don’t show the wide, wider, and widest part in his game. Although you can see some “bounce” in these too.

But hey maybe he gets back to 2017 drake. Be nice. Get north south inside the tackles when the play calls for it

He does move very well, to go along with his speed, but unfortunately thatbis all i could find as far as how he does when given the ball on 3rd and short. I guess I am going back to 2017, where I did not see much getting caught behind the line of scrimmage, but that also shows he has it in him to get positive yardage.

We will see this coming season what he's made of.

I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't "tough".

The issue, to me is that he, sometimes, hesitates, or changes direction looking for a big play, when the proper choice is to take the 3-4 yds to stay ahead of the chains. He is not Barry Sanders.

Another member here posted a breakdown, comparing KD to Gore, as to plays for no gain or loss, by diwn and distance. I'm not going to spend hour looking for it, but it wasn't a pretty picture.

I don't think, as some others here do, that Drake is horrible, at all. I just don't buy into him being a top back, given the opportunity.

He is replaceable with a mid rd pick, IMO. Therefore, I would not be in favor of giving him a contract in line with backs that are the top half of the league.

Yeah, well right now we really don't know for sure what we have...My opinion is just going on potential of what type of RB he was in 2017 when Ajayi was traded, and somewhat of how he looked last year in the few opportunities he had last year.

You are right that he does seem at times to be indecisive, but speed RBs tend to do that a lot because they feel their speed will help them get our of any situation...Barry Sanders was the king of that...And yes Drake is no Sanders.

We will see soon if he can hold up, and actually improve as the season goes on with each rep, and/or game.

If we can get a 3rd round pick for him....DO IT!!! He's not great. RBs come into the league doing their best work. He'll start declining at this point in his career. He's a mediocre RB or that's what his stats say. He has speed but, that is overrated. We won't pay him top dollar so, get something for him, in next year's draft not a compensatory pick in 2021.

I honestly think we’d get better compensation for him if we just let him play out his rookie contract and hit the market in 2020. It seems much more likely that someone overpays him next year and bumps up how compensatory pick value than anyone offering us a meaningful pick this year.

I honestly think we’d get better compensation for him if we just let him play out his rookie contract and hit the market in 2020. It seems much more likely that someone overpays him next year and bumps up how compensatory pick value than anyone offering us a meaningful pick this year.
Probably true.

What are you thinking? A 3rd?

If we can get a 3rd round pick for him....DO IT!!! He's not great. RBs come into the league doing their best work. He'll start declining at this point in his career. He's a mediocre RB or that's what his stats say. He has speed but, that is overrated. We won't pay him top dollar so, get something for him, in next year's draft not a compensatory pick in 2021.
I agree with some of what you say.

All other things being equal, speed is not overrated. It's something you can't coach, or teach. Now of you have a track star with horrible hands, yes that speed is useless.

Also, a lot of rookie backs selected after rd1 have flaws, such as undeveloped pass blocking skills. Many need at least a year to become NFL quality, 3 down backs.

Back
Top Bottom