Which Nfl Players Could Realistically (and Not So Realistically) Still Be Traded This Summer? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Nfl Players Could Realistically (and Not So Realistically) Still Be Traded This Summer?

Probably true.

What are you thinking? A 3rd?
Well, if he gets a similar deal to what Lamar Miller got with inflation added in (let’s say 4 years, $30m) and gets the playing time to back it up I don’t think a 3rd is out of the realm of possibilities, but a 4-5 is more likely. Now, if a team decides to pay him by the new RB scale, like say a short tier below the Bell/Gurley/D Johnson level (which can happen as teams can go into a frenzy over semi-proven players in free agency) I don’t see how we wouldn’t get a 3rd.
Of course this is all speculation. I don’t claim to be an expert in how compensatory picks are doled out.

I’d expect Miami to be buyers next year so I wouldn’t count my chickens on comp picks

dolphins don't have no player trade anymore. if you let all your good player leaves you got still rebuild. be care Flores because u either building team for you or next coach aka Hue Jackson.

Well, if he gets a similar deal to what Lamar Miller got with inflation added in (let’s say 4 years, $30m) and gets the playing time to back it up I don’t think a 3rd is out of the realm of possibilities, but a 4-5 is more likely. Now, if a team decides to pay him by the new RB scale, like say a short tier below the Bell/Gurley/D Johnson level (which can happen as teams can go into a frenzy over semi-proven players in free agency) I don’t see how we wouldn’t get a 3rd.
Of course this is all speculation. I don’t claim to be an expert in how compensatory picks are doled out.
4yr 12 million drake if he get that.

Formation has more to do with how a defense lines up more than who the running back is in the backfield. It speaks to my philosophy, don't draft a running back in the first round (especially high in the first round) and don't pay big money for any running back.
Except Saquon Barkley..:)

So dcs aren’t putting more people in tbe box concerned about that Dallas o line primary and Zeke Elliott secondary than the qb?

I realize that o line hasn’t been the level it was in prior years with the all pro center out and the left tackle banged up. That might play into it too in terms of how dcs lined up in 2018 vs tbe boys

So dcs aren’t putting more people in tbe box concerned about that Dallas o line primary and Zeke Elliott secondary than the qb?

I realize that o line hasn’t been the level it was in prior years with the all pro center out and the left tackle banged up. That might play into it too in terms of how dcs lined up in 2018 vs tbe boys

It could play some role, but package/formation dictates men in the box. It's why Gurley was ranked #1 (might have been #2 by the end of the year/will have to check) in fewest defenders in the box per rush. Particularly with Amari Cooper, though, Dallas was much more effective passing than rushing. That's the overarching point, though. Runs have a lower turnover rate, but success rate, YPA, and EPA significantly favor the pass - excluding short-yardage situations, where it's better to run. This isn't a knock on Elliott, who is a great RB, but another example of how replaceable RB's are. With a bad OC, a great RB is often a net negative, because the playcaller feels the need to run it more on base downs.

Kamara imo is the future of the position - not just his skillset but his usage. Hybrid players who can run well enough but are dynamic receiving options. I had a 1st on Barkley (who Payton said was the best RB prospect of the last 20 years), because he be deadly in a similar situation; however, the Giants offense was more efficient when Barkley was not on the field in 2018. There are only a few OC's who know how to effectively use RB's - even when they have a stud like Barkley.

Except Saquon Barkley..:)

He's worth some kind of 1st to the right team, but he was a horrendous pick for the Giants - both because of how early they drafted him and because of the state of the team. But, the Giants have one of the worst FO's in football. They bypassed Sam Darnold in 2018 to draft Daniel Jones at 6 in 2019 then used the OBJ 1st on a 340 lb NT. It doesn't get much worse than that.

He's worth some kind of 1st to the right team, but he was a horrendous pick for the Giants - both because of how early they drafted him and because of the state of the team. But, the Giants have one of the worst FO's in football. They bypassed Sam Darnold in 2018 to draft Daniel Jones at 6 in 2019 then used the OBJ 1st on a 340 lb NT. It doesn't get much worse than that.
I agree that they should of took Darnold over Saquon..

But besides mayfield and Darnold he was the next best player that I would of taken..

Saquon a horrendous pick? Lol, this is all based on the Daniel Jones pick who ironically will have a much better career than Scam Darnold.

Gettleman > finheaven.

I agree that they should of took Darnold over Saquon..

But besides mayfield and Darnold he was the next best player that I would of taken..

If a team drafted him and used him like Marshall Faulk with the Rams or Kamara, I could understand that. With his speed and receiving ability, he should be running a ton of seam and wheel routes or motioning out wide and running slants. Instead, they handed it off or checked it down to Barkley. Because he was such a premium investment, they did it a lot, and those are relatively low-efficiency plays, which is why the Giants were actually better with him on the bench.

If a team drafted him and used him like Marshall Faulk with the Rams or Kamara, I could understand that. With his speed and receiving ability, he should be running a ton of seam and wheel routes or motioning out wide and running slants. Instead, they handed it off or checked it down to Barkley. Because he was such a premium investment, they did it a lot, and those are relatively low-efficiency plays, which is why the Giants were actually better with him on the bench.

Yea, because Eli and his offense last year were comparable to the Saints with Brees/Kamara or the Rams with Warner/Faulk :rolleyes:

Even with a very weak offensive line, ineffective QB, AND teams knowing the Giants were going to force feed Barkley he still had a GREAT rookie year, far from a "horrendous pick".

I'm sure you and many others can't get over the fact they passed on an overrated prospect in Darnold and aren't even willing to give Jones a chance to prove himself because naturally you can't see the potential (shockingly nobody on this site is a professional talent evaluator :jawdrop).

Gettleman is making the right decisions and is going to make a lot of people look foolish, you don't pass on Barkley for Darnold lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom