Which Option Do You Think Miami Will Pursue? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Option Do You Think Miami Will Pursue?

Which Option Will Miami Pursue?

• Move up for Haskins or Murray

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Stay put at #19 and take best qb left

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Take BPA at #13 (most likely a defensive player)

Votes: 54 42.5%
  • Wait Until 2020 to get a QB

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Take a Qb somewhere in 2019 and then 2020 as well

Votes: 30 23.6%

• Total voters
I hope that Grier and the Dolphins do what they've been saying they're going to do, which is build the DL and OL this draft and tank the 2019 season, then get our franchise QB in 2020. I'm just so tired of mediocrity, and if we go with one of these mediocre QB's in the 2019 draft I will be majorly disappointed.

This is a passing league now, and we _need_ to get a great passer and build a team around him that has talent. IMHO, we need to get good OL in the draft, and the only position that is secure is Tunsil at LT. Even worse, we need DE's to rush the passer. Those two things should be the focus of our draft, and we shouldn't get distracted on a wild goose chase of finding the next Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Pat White, Chad Henne, John Beck, etc., etc., etc.

Just do it right for a change. Build that OL then in 2020 get that QB with something to keep him upright and open run lanes to give him a decent running game. We want a great QB, but the ones that are good immediately tend to be the ones with good run games. If the talent at the QB position isn't available in 2019, let's fix the OL finally. Then in 2020 we'll have options for a good QB, and if we miss out, there's always Plan B, Tank Twice for Trevor. Ultimately, we need that great QB … well, I need it, I'm tired of watching sputtering offenses that never dominate.
I agree about waiting on a QB. I'm certainly not a talent evaluator, but I am not greatly impressed with this years crop.

We do need to be much better on the O-line, as well as D-line.

I prefer a DE round 1, as I believe good O-line players, particularly OG, can be found in later rounds.

I think Miami will probably over draft a pass rusher or CB at 13. They could let James walk and draft a RT as well.

If they're able to move up for Murray without giving up 2020 or 2021 1st, they should absolutely do that, but he might not be in play. He should be one of the first picks off the board.

If Murray isn't an option, the best move would be to move back - unless someone like Oliver falls. Keep James and Tunsil. Look at drafting a player like J. Taylor or C. Lindstrom to play at OG after a trade back. Solidify the line for the future QB.

I think Miami will probably over draft a pass rusher or CB at 13. They could let James walk and draft a RT as well.

If they're able to move up for Murray without giving up 2020 or 2021 1st, they should absolutely do that, but he might not be in play. He should be one of the first picks off the board.

If Murray isn't an option, the best move would be to move back - unless someone like Oliver falls. Keep James and Tunsil. Look at drafting a player like J. Taylor or C. Lindstrom to play at OG after a trade back. Solidify the line for the future QB.

I like this approach. Move back unless a White or Oliver is there (Like you mentioned).

There is still a lot of time between now and the draft. Guys are going to fade a bit and there's definitely going to be some late-risers after the combine. It's too early yet to know what the board will look like for most prospects.

Fortnately, QB is one of those positions that the film really is all you need to see, the combine isn't going to change that unless someone comes in too short or injured. But I could see one of the CB prospects falling because he doesn't run fast enough, or a few offensive prospects having great combines and shooting up the charts pushing down some other prospects.

But if all goes true to form, I expect us to draft an edge rusher who can play standing up (34 OLB type) and with his hand in the dirt (43 DE type). We need two of those guys early.

You could have also added: "Move back in the draft to acquire multiple picks" something I would vote for.

Mid round sounds about right to me but I’m gonna pass on every qb in this class period not named Murray, Haskins, or lock.

So it’s basically I’m either getting it at 13 or moving up or I’m not getting it at all.
I do like the idea of finding a capable backup, but I get your logic. Miami needs talent in so many areas.

I'm still waiting on a reasonable scenario where Miami would be able to trade down. In a very real scenario Lock, Haskins and Murray could all go top 10-12 and the next tier of Qb's fall to round 2. So who is trading up to 13 and for whom? It could happen for a non-QB I suppose but it doesn't happen all that often. NOLA did trade up to 14 last year for an edge player but I was pretty surprised by that move. They gave up the 2018-27th and the 2019-30th pick for pick 14 last year.

Not sure when the last time someone traded up that high for a non-QB. Jeff Ireland for Dion Jordan? (Also part of the Saints trade up for a DE).

We could take a QB at 13 if one fell. Someone like Murray who could sell tickets for a few years while they re-stock the trenches. Of course, it's hard to start restocking when you use the 13th pick on a QB. That gives you two years to evaluate him. You'll either hit on a winner or end up trying to take another QB in 2021. I would be ok with Murray (I think) because he can help as an elusive running, play-making QB but I would also be ok with taking an edge rusher at 13 if the right one fell. Don't see any corners yet that I am enamored with at 13. I do like a few DT's but not sure about that Simmons kid after I saw the video of him punching a woman.

If 3 QB's are gone by 13, my dream draft (so far) would be Brian Burns in the 1st, Dexter Lawrence in the 2nd and one of those interior OL'men in round 3.

yeah I don't see anyone coming up to 13 for something. feels like a fall off at around the 8 to 10 mark I'd say.

devin white might not test fluid enough where hes a lock top 10 pick in any class but the lb class at least from what ive seen is so bad it's hard to envision him getting out of that top 12. Miami did one thing right in 2018 in that they got a lb piece in that class. totally different level from the 19 crop talent wise etc. Jerome baker be an easy top 50 pick lb in this class.

id take Jonah Williams at 13. I'd take im pretty sure greedy Williams at 13. id give a long hard look at Jeffrey simmons there.

I think the value may be in the interior o line class 25 to 50

Just curious - for those saying wait for 2020 to draft a QB, what are your legitimate options for QB1 and QB2 in Miami in 2019? If you're rebuilding, you can't throw that $$ at RT, right? So who would it be? I realize 2019 wouldn't be about winning, necessarily, but you have to have 2 warm bodies, right?

Just curious - for those saying wait for 2020 to draft a QB, what are your legitimate options for QB1 and QB2 in Miami in 2019? If you're rebuilding, you can't throw that $$ at RT, right? So who would it be? I realize 2019 wouldn't be about winning, necessarily, but you have to have 2 warm bodies, right?
I think there is a better chance RT is here next year, than taking a QB in the upcoming draft.

You never know though. Ross wanted a QB last year. He may force the issue.

yeah I don't see anyone coming up to 13 for something. feels like a fall off at around the 8 to 10 mark I'd say.

devin white might not test fluid enough where hes a lock top 10 pick in any class but the lb class at least from what ive seen is so bad it's hard to envision him getting out of that top 12. Miami did one thing right in 2018 in that they got a lb piece in that class. totally different level from the 19 crop talent wise etc. Jerome baker be an easy top 50 pick lb in this class.

id take Jonah Williams at 13. I'd take im pretty sure greedy Williams at 13. id give a long hard look at Jeffrey simmons there.

I think the value may be in the interior o line class 25 to 50

I think a team trading up for Lock or Jones (lol) would be the most realistic trade-down scenario. If Murray is off the board, and none of the top guys slip through the cracks, that'd be my best-case scenario. Of course, worst case would be drafting one of them, so it'd be an anxious time for me if they're available.

I think a team trading up for Lock or Jones (lol) would be the most realistic trade-down scenario. If Murray is off the board, and none of the top guys slip through the cracks, that'd be my best-case scenario. Of course, worst case would be drafting one of them, so it'd be an anxious time for me if they're available.

jones arm this last week had to send off alarms to nfl teams that its just not good enough to validate a top half of round 1 pick...and don't get me started on that lock conference tape. it's lousy.

I think this stuffs just pushing up murray and probably haskins and considering that this class I don't see anywhere near the same level talent as the 18 class overall especially in the quality department I mean there's just no way this class will compete with the 18 one.

IF, the Phins are building "Patsies" South, they will look at QB early, if "their guy" is there. Remember outside of Brady and BB the Pats play offensive and defensive schemes that have no particular personality. So beside TB, all the parts on both sides of the ball are interchangeable, it works because this is the "system" that BBellyache designed over the years.

This is his genius, he is like the Henry Ford of football, interchangeable parts. It is successful, but you need that "transcendent" QB that can play for a long time. At which point it is a matter of time and probabilities. I looked at the Baltimore glory years, basically '96 - 2012, and compared that to the Patsies with Brady 2000 - 2016, and guess what, QB rules, defense drools.

I hate it, the stats stink, did I mention I hate it. But reality is what it is. If you have a Brady type QB, and a flexible coach who adapts to not only the talent, but to the opposing team also, you win more SB's with a great QB and a middling D than the other way around.

I happen to like a Big Aggressive D, butt IF Coach Flores can get a couple of Superbowls before I get my final Margin Call, then, well, I will celebrate the Patriots Way, I may not like it, but I will celebrate it.

The Ever Waiting To Celebrate VIPER

jones arm this last week had to send off alarms to nfl teams that its just not good enough to validate a top half of round 1 pick...and don't get me started on that lock conference tape. it's lousy.

I think this stuffs just pushing up murray and probably haskins and considering that this class I don't see anywhere near the same level talent as the 18 class overall especially in the quality department I mean there's just no way this class will compete with the 18 one.

I'd go:

1. Mayfield
1a. Murray
1b. Darnold

4. Haskins
5. Rosen

6. Jackson
7. Rudolph
8. Lock

Back
Top Bottom