Which position goes first? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which position goes first?

twg76

Proverbs 3:5-6
Reaction score
Right now, there are lots of mocks out there showing Miami either getting a CB or an OT in the first round. I'm starting to think it is very likely that one of those positions will get drafted at #16.

Eric Winston, Winston Justice or Max Jean-Gillies will be available at #16 in the first round. If Jimmy Williams and Tye Hill are gone, Miami may grab one of those OL. There is a deeper pool of talent at LB than I originally thought. Miami could get a replacement for Seau in the 2nd round. Although I do like DeMeco Ryans in Saban's defense.

What is the scoop on Darnell Bing? Is he first round talent? The only safety getting attention in the first round is Huff.

maybe get Greenway at 16 to replace Seau, then get a DB in the second

Saban has said that both OL and DL are priorities. Justice, McNeil, and Gilles are all possbible OL candidates. Watson and Bunkley are possible DL candidates. Tye Hill and DeMeco Ryans are both to undersized for Saban's defensive system based on comments he's made in the past about be strong defenders. Bing is a very late 1st - early 2nd IMO, could benefit alot by a solid combine today if he's even participating. Which he definitely should if he even wants a shot at the 1st round. Huff is clearly the top Safety prospect and he'll be doing all the drills.

SpeedRush99 said:
Saban has said that both OL and DL are priorities. Justice, McNeil, and Gilles are all possbible OL candidates. Watson and Bunkley are possible DL candidates. Tye Hill and DeMeco Ryans are both to undersized for Saban's defensive system based on comments he's made in the past about be strong defenders. Bing is a very late 1st - early 2nd IMO, could benefit alot by a solid combine today if he's even participating. Which he definitely should if he even wants a shot at the 1st round. Huff is clearly the top Safety prospect and he'll be doing all the drills.

I don't believe Saban will draft a guard(Gilles) with the 16th pick, I just don't think guards are the value pick that high.

BlueFin said:
I don't believe Saban will draft a guard(Gilles) with the 16th pick, I just don't think guards are the value pick that high.

I agree, just saying I think Gilles will go mid - late first.

I have thought for a while that we will go D on our first pick, and was looking toward the LB position. With Ryans, Greenway, and Carpenter likely targets. I like Carpenter alot and looking forward to see his combine results.

That being said this is a very deep draft for the LB position and would not be surprised if Saban had his eye on getting our LB later on day 1. Leaving the 1st pick to get a DT in Bunkley or Watson, I like Bunkley if he is there.

I doubt us getting a OL 1st pick. Just my own opinion here, but if we did invest a 1st on a OL he would have to be able to produce for us this year. A good LT would be nice and fill a hole we are likely to have when we release D-Mac. I like Giles OG alot but think he would be a reach at 16. Eric Winston OT looks like a good possiblity at 16 and I have heard alot of good stuff on him.
LT is our weak spot and unless Alabi is ready to go this year we are gonna need someone to fill this need. This is my biggest question mark going into the offseason, I don't think Saban is high on D-Mac and not sure Alabi can take over this year. Guess we will know what they think of Alabi come draft day. The O-Line will be more of a FA priority then Draft priority IMO.

Secondary seems even more unlikely to me then OL. Not enough players of this position seem projected in the 1st, but as ya know CBs fly up the board on day one. Seems alot of teams reach here more then any position. This is also Saban's specialty and I think he can find good talent in the 3rd/4th. We do have 3 young CBs on the team and we should have 1 vet CB next year. I think drafting a Safety late 1st day is most likely.

Unless someone graded pretty high drops to us at 16 I would like to see Carpenter as our pick. I think 2 more young guys would be nice to get on D this year in our front 7. NT and OLB are priorities IMO.

Back
Top Bottom