Which QBs are favorites to start with which Coach | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which QBs are favorites to start with which Coach

Schottenheimer and Cameron have both worked with Cleo, wouldn't be surprised to see them scrap both Culpepper and Harrington and start over.

Mora - Doesn't he run a west coast offense? If that's the case he probably prefers Harrington because I don't think Daunte could run that style offense.

Gailey - Probably goes with Culpepper seeing as how he stuck with Reggie Ball for so damn long.

I would be very surprised if Culpepper is on the roster if we bring Schottenheimer in. I think Schott goes with Harrington. Anyone else I could see Culpepper or Lemon though

what the hell makes you think that? do you believe schottenheimer will come to lose on purpose?

its ridiculous to think anyone but culpepper will be the starter at this point. specially harrington.

what the hell makes you think that? do you believe schottenheimer will come to lose on purpose?

its ridiculous to think anyone but culpepper will be the starter at this point. specially harrington.

What's ridiculous is to think Culpepper will be any better next year. Its ok to think he might be but to be so sure is just pie in the sky dreaming. With someone like Schott its going to come down to who picks up the scheme quickest. My bet is its Harrington. Add the fact that we probably draft a QB with Schott and there is zero reason to keep Daunte around for just one season with his cap hit. Why would anyone want to keep 5 mil dead cap space on the roster

What's ridiculous is to think Culpepper will be any better next year. Its ok to think he might be but to be so sure is just pie in the sky dreaming. With someone like Schott its going to come down to who picks up the scheme quickest. My bet is its Harrington

how is it ridiculous to think culpepper who has never had a season as bad as harringtons, wont be better?

its not going to be who picks up the scheme the quickest, its going to be whos the better QB, and we have 2 QBs, who are much better then Harrington, on the roster. and its not even the offseason yet. so to think harrington will be the starter is just, there are no words to explain it. amazing. simply amazing.

and again, how do you know what any coach wants? no one knows. because gailey had a black mobile QB at GT, he would want daunte? obviously he would because daunte is the far better QB, but to say he would want daunte because of reggie ****in ball is just stupid. mora would want harrington because of the WCO? give me a break, harrington was in the WCO in detriot and was horrible.

like i said, doesnt matter what coach comes in with what philosiphy, unless their trying to lose on purpose, harrington will not be on the team, much less the starter. and if Daunte is healthy, he will be the starter here no matter what coach it is. its really simple.

I would be very surprised if Culpepper is on the roster if we bring Schottenheimer in. I think Schott goes with Harrington. Anyone else I could see Culpepper or Lemon though

Every coach that has a brain will look at the film of Daunte's games and see what was going on before they make cuts.

They'll see a guy that was not right physically, behind an offensvie line that was playing poorly for a team, that is hindsight was not that good to begin with...

If Daunte does everything he is supposed to do in the next few months and gets himself right physically (as right as he can be, he'll never be back to pre-injury form), he'll be the starter and he will be fine....IMO.

Harrington is what he is. If he starts for us next year we are dead.

This is the scenerio in my opinion if Harrington is the starter:

1.) New coach names Joey starter.
2.) Joey shows he is what he is.
3.) We miss the playoffs again, going 6-10
4.) New coach sticks with Harrington
5.) Joey shows what he is.
6.) We miss the playoffs again, going 5-11
7.) New coach gets fired.
8.) Next new coach cuts Harrington.
9.) Next new coach drafts a quarterback.

Let's cut the pain and agony. If our new coach thinks Harrington is "his guy" then we should draft a quarterback this year, fire our new coach and cut Harrington now...because that will end up happening anyway.

Daunte is the guy unless he just can't get healthy again.

I'm not a DC fan but if he is healthy, the new HC will probably go with him

how is it ridiculous to think culpepper who has never had a season as bad as harringtons, wont be better?

its not going to be who picks up the scheme the quickest, its going to be whos the better QB, and we have 2 QBs, who are much better then Harrington, on the roster. and its not even the offseason yet. so to think harrington will be the starter is just, there are no words to explain it. amazing. simply amazing.

and again, how do you know what any coach wants? no one knows. because gailey had a black mobile QB at GT, he would want daunte? obviously he would because daunte is the far better QB, but to say he would want daunte because of reggie ****in ball is just stupid. mora would want harrington because of the WCO? give me a break, harrington was in the WCO in detriot and was horrible.

like i said, doesnt matter what coach comes in with what philosiphy, unless their trying to lose on purpose, harrington will not be on the team, much less the starter. and if Daunte is healthy, he will be the starter here no matter what coach it is. its really simple.

Daunte's biggest problem last year was mental it wasnt physical. Once again its whoever gets the scheme and my bet is Harrington has a better shot if its Schott. As for the quotes above those werent mine but another posters. As for Schott he requires a QB who can make quick reads something Culpepper proved he was unable to do last year and it had nothing to do with his knee. If Daunte wants to reasurrect his career he needs to learn how to make quicker and better reads

Every coach that has a brain will look at the film of Daunte's games and see what was going on before they make cuts.

They'll see a guy that was not right physically, behind an offensvie line that was playing poorly for a team, that is hindsight was not that good to begin with...

If Daunte does everything he is supposed to do in the next few months and gets himself right physically (as right as he can be, he'll never be back to pre-injury form), he'll be the starter and he will be fine....IMO.

Harrington is what he is. If he starts for us next year we are dead.

This is the scenerio in my opinion if Harrington is the starter:

1.) New coach names Joey starter.
2.) Joey shows he is what he is.
3.) We miss the playoffs again, going 6-10
4.) New coach sticks with Harrington
5.) Joey shows what he is.
6.) We miss the playoffs again, going 5-11
7.) New coach gets fired.
8.) Next new coach cuts Harrington.
9.) Next new coach drafts a quarterback.

Let's cut the pain and agony. If our new coach thinks Harrington is "his guy" then we should draft a quarterback this year, fire our new coach and cut Harrington now...because that will end up happening anyway.

Daunte is the guy unless he just can't get healthy again.

no ****...if harrington is named the starter, i doubt i will even watch football next year. tired of losing, and knowing before the season starts that we will be horrible and especially horrible on offense, would suck....
clear.gif

Daunte's biggest problem last year was mental it wasnt physical. Once again its whoever gets the scheme and my bet is Harrington has a better shot if its Schott. As for the quotes above those werent mine but another posters. As for Schott he requires a QB who can make quick reads something Culpepper proved he was unable to do last year and it had nothing to do with his knee. If Daunte wants to reasurrect his career he needs to learn how to make quicker and better reads

oh harrington can make quick reads....he can throw it to the other team and throw the ball away REAL nicely. all hail the faster brain of ****in joey harrington

oh harrington can make quick reads....he can throw it to the other team and throw the ball away REAL nicely. all hail the faster brain of ****in joey harrington

Yeah unlike MR FUMBLE. That pick against Buffalo at the half was a work of art. Yeah there's so much difference between the two. LOL. Daunte is a lock. You're right, my bad

Agreed 100%.

Back
Top Bottom