Which QBs are favorites to start with which Coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which QBs are favorites to start with which Coach

adamprez2003

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I was trying to figure out which QBs are probably the guys who will start depending on who our coach is. Here is my list

Mora - Culpepper
Schottenheimer - Harrington
Cameron - Lemon
Gailey - no idea

I don't think the coach will matter that much. They'll probably compete in camp. Harrington might not even be back next year. Personally I hope they draft a qB in the first round if there's one available that's worthy of the number 9 pick.

I definitely think we're drafting a QB next year but he wont start the season for us

I'm guessing that whoever comes in here will draft a QB and play a journeyman this year. Lemon is as good a guess as any.

I think regardless of who wins the coaching position there will be a TC battle and the winner in the end will mo0st likly be Culepepper and he'll get one more final chance to be ready.

Regardless of the coach, Culpepper has to be the QB of choice, assuming he is healthy. We've already invested a 2nd round pick in him last year and he is a top quality QB, when healthy. If you draft a QB, he won't be worthy for atleast 3 to 4 years down the road. Our defense doesn't have that long to wait. Use the first round pick and either trade up and get Joe Thomas (LT) or trade down and aquire more picks. Either way, we need to build our team from the draft and we need help on offense.

I don't think Harrington is the favorite regardless of who the coach is. Lemon gets a boost if it's Cameron but even then DC is still far and away the best QB on our roster. He's the favorite regardless.

You can't assume which QB the prospective coaching candidates will start. My guess they'll start the most talented, i.e. Daunte Culpepper. He's a top 5 QB when healthy. He's accurate, strong armed, well-built and eventually will be mobile again (although never to the same degree with his injury). If he's in the right scheme, he'll succeed again.

Daunte Culpepper at best will become the current version of Steve McNair and that's only if he picks up the new playbook the new coach will bring. He's gonna be a statue behind the line. Some coaches might be willing to go with that but not every coach will

Since it seems that continuity is important (I now expect Garrett will be OC), at least 1 of the 3 QBs will likely be back. Lemon is a free agent from what I can tell, and I saw nothing to suggest he should be re-signed unless he's available for a song.

That means the new regime's first order of business is likely to figure out how the feel about Culpepper and his chances for recovery. If the new staff is high on DC, I think Harrington is gone. If they're not high on DC, I think it's very possible that DC is gone and Harrington gets retained.

Since it seems that continuity is important (I now expect Garrett will be OC), at least 1 of the 3 QBs will likely be back. Lemon is a free agent from what I can tell, and I saw nothing to suggest he should be re-signed unless he's available for a song.

That means the new regime's first order of business is likely to figure out how the feel about Culpepper and his chances for recovery. If the new staff is high on DC, I think Harrington is gone. If they're not high on DC, I think it's very possible that DC is gone and Harrington gets retained.

Yeah I think its slim to none chances all three are retained and that's why I think the new scheme will dictate who stays and who goes

Evidently you didn't watch Lemon play or you are too bias to be objective.

I was trying to figure out which QBs are probably the guys who will start depending on who our coach is. Here is my list

Mora - Culpepper
Cameron - Lemon
Gailey - no idea

harrington has no shot not matter if his dad was the head coach.

edit: maybe if his mom was the coach....maybe.

Mora - Culpepper
Cameron - Lemon
Gailey - no idea

Harrington won't even be on the roster in June so I don't think he'll be the starter.

Daunte WILL start and flourish under who ever we bring in.

Harrington won't even be on the roster in June so I don't think he'll be the starter.

Daunte WILL start and flourish under who ever we bring in.

I would be very surprised if Culpepper is on the roster if we bring Schottenheimer in. I think Schott goes with Harrington. Anyone else I could see Culpepper or Lemon though

Back
Top Bottom