Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Curtis Martin

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Ronnie Brown

Votes: 87 50.9%
  • Ricky "Pothead" Williams

Votes: 36 21.1%

• Total voters
Based solely on NFL performance ... I think I'd put Ricky first with McGahee a real close second. I then would say Dillon, then Martin. And since Brown hasn't played a down yet, I'd have to put him last. I'm hoping my order will change come the end of the season.

chuckcole said:
Based solely on NFL performance ... I think I'd put Ricky first with McGahee a real close second. I then would say Dillon, then Martin. And since Brown hasn't played a down yet, I'd have to put him last. I'm hoping my order will change come the end of the season.

do you really think that if R. Williams came back to the team today, that he would be the same dominant RB he was 2 seasons ago?

That's a really tough question. Martin is obviously near the end of his career, and who knows where Ricky is, both physically and mentally. Dillon is a great back, but he too has some years on him. McGahee showed a lot last year, but his injury would concern me. And then there's Brown, who obviously has a lot of potential, but has yet to play an NFL game. So, right at this point in time, I think Dillon is the best back of the 5, but if I had to choose one based purely on the Dolphins' situation, I'd have to take Brown over McGahee, simply because our O-line won't get fixed overnight and I would be scared to death that McGahee would get hit one too many times behind the line (which isn't to say that Brown wouldn't, but he hasn't had the injury that McGahee did).

for 1 season, Curtis Martin... for building a team... McGahee or Ronnie Brown.

chuckcole said:

Based on performance you'd put Curtis Martin next to last?

Willis by far. I dislike the canes but I alway thought McGahee was absolutly amazing.

ch19079 said:
do you really think that if R. Williams came back to the team today, that he would be the same dominant RB he was 2 seasons ago?

I dont even think that Ricky is in football shape right now. I doubt he will do that much good this year if he does comeback. He would be a nice RB to put in when Brown needs to rest for a couple of plays.

To be totally honest with you, I would rather have Ricky Williams any day, however that is considering that he never retired nor lost his passion for the game, but of course that is not the case. Ricky is an extremely rare talent.

Who knows, R.B might end up being just as good or even better than Ricky.

Sal Lisitano said:
a class act?

he was a little baby...complaining about not getting enough touches...wanting to be the starter...crying about it...taking about playing or getting traded...after he and his agent played the Bills management to take him in the 1st round...who got a full year to recover and make some nice $$$...I'm glad that he came back and is playing...that shows a lot but...I would not consider him a class act...no way.

Go Fins!!!
they took him at #21 because he, like some QB that we had called Marino, was a steal.

The was he came back and worked hard after the Ohio State game was class.

pure performance and potential?? Ricky Williams

Long term answer? Ronnie Brown - because he is a good person and a good athlete

Mcgahhe is running on 2 blown out knees, can't build a team around that. Shouldn't build a team aound a running back period, the 2002 dolphins with Ricky shoud tell you that!

If it's for one season it's Curtis Martin. He's probably the most underrated player in the NFL, he's gotta slow down sometime, but hasn't yet. If it's for the long haul, Dillon and Martin are out of the question, so ya gotta pick between Willis and his bum knee, and Brown and his inexperience, so I would take Brown, just because Willis knee, I do believe he has blown both of them out, one in hs, and one v UM. If his heart was in the game it would be Ricky Williams and the 2nd guy wouldn't even be close IMO.

I would rather have Ricky Williams from 2002, but that ain't happening. From that list I would have to say McGahee or Ronnie Brown (too early to tell yet, but I'm hoping he becomes the best out of that list because that would be quite an accomplishment!)

chuckcole said:

Wow, Chuck...Martin and his 11000 yards last...especially since you said to base it on NFL performance...I'd also put RW first based on his power running, then Martin, McGahee, and Dillon...(only based on the potential of McGahee's one year to Dillons 9 years...he's been consistent, but not spectacular...This should be revisited in a year or so when Brown has a season under his belt.

Back
Top Bottom