Which Receiving options will thrive with Tua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Receiving options will thrive with Tua

Well yeah... but Watson doesn't agree with you. He could care less about draft position... we have their picks and he knows it...
Tough! I thought teens at best before this season.

Now top 10 seems achievable.

BUT I WANT TOP 5.

I see Gesicki doing very well. He's a very good catch but too often Fitz just tried to ram it in to him in really tight windows. I may be wrong but I expect Tua can be a helluva lot more accurate and place the ball where Big Mike can leap for it.
DeVante is still our best receiver and he should do fine, but I would also invest a very high Draft pick to get a top receiver in next year's Draft.

Last edited:
Look... the narrative is that Tua has touch... and anticipation.

If this is true, and he shows it as a rookie, the guys with RAC will profit. To me, this doesn't sound like either of our flankers. It'll be the interior guys, and that's why I believe in Gesicki (and to a lesser extent, Ford), and why I want Waddle or Rondale Moore in the draft.

If Tua hits guys in stride... who can run... we win.

I always thought Grant could excel with Tua. I guess we'll soon find out. Good analysis!

Look... the narrative is that Tua has touch... and anticipation.

If this is true, and he shows it as a rookie, the guys with RAC will profit. To me, this doesn't sound like either of our flankers. It'll be the interior guys, and that's why I believe in Gesicki (and to a lesser extent, Ford), and why I want Waddle or Rondale Moore in the draft.

If Tua hits guys in stride... who can run... we win.
Hitting Parker (and to a lesser extent Williams) in stride is going to show you YAC you've only dreamed of.

Fitzpatrick missed or wasn't looking at open Gesicki, Williams and Ford. He seemed to be locking onto Parker all to often. Fitzpatrick also chose, to throw the underneath pattern, against the Jets and didn't see a WIDE OPEN Gesicki twice. I doubt that happens with Tua, behind center.

His top college record accuracy makes the options all of the options. A tall receiver in the end zone is an easy jump ball score. Those indefensible plays. Every receiver with good hands is now suddenly a guy that has to be covered. He has the whole toolbox, the first second and third read all on the table. Accuracy rules that position, in my opinion, above all else. Pass rush? He’s got an outlet for that. Like Rogers, Brady, the accurate guys that put the ball on the money any time they want. It’s elite and we have that. He can make undrafted guys look good. If he lives up to his potential and has the durability, we are set there. With the right pieces on defense, we are contenders any time we take the field in any stadium.

Back
Top Bottom