Which Receiving options will thrive with Tua | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Receiving options will thrive with Tua

Let me add if they go to heavy rpo his primary’s are gonna be open cause if not he will just be handing the ball off post snap. Probably gonna run similar built in concepts on both sides of the formation so he may be choosing a side more than anything to go to.

gonna be a lot of quick inside breaking concepts out of the rpo. Believe that. And he’s a boss at the execution of them. Make the first man miss over the lb level and in front of the safety and we galloping

you folks gonna learn what max rac looks like due to spot on ball placement proper velocity and timing out of hand in sync with the route combos. We ain’t gonna be leaving yards on the field conceptually any more

Last edited:
The only true answer is all of them. That’s what happens when you have a better qb, all receivers will benefit. With that said I believe Grant benefits the most. You may see Grant go from being called to be cut to now a very dangerous type of player. Tua perfected the deep ball to players with similar speed. If they build a connection and cause teams to be stretched out and play over the top then everyone else will feast underneath.

Let me add if they go to heavy rpo his primary’s are gonna be open cause if not he will just be handing the ball off post snap. Probably gonna run similar built in concepts on both sides of the formation so he may be choosing a side more than anything to go to.

gonna be a lot of quick inside breaking concepts out of the rpo. Believe that. And he’s a boss at the execution of them. Make the first man miss over the lb level and in front of the safety and we galloping

you folks gonna learn what max rac looks like due to spot on ball placement proper velocity and timing out of hand in sync with the route combos. We ain’t gonna be leaving yards on the field conceptually any more

Most dont know what they're looking at/for.

This will be eye opening for most.

In a heavy rpo o you want guys who can win inside quickly. We have that in dvp. Preston last year we had that still working towards it I’d say. Gesicki hasnt shown it yet.

so if I’m the Rams I’m gonna put Ramsey on dvp as much as possible he can drive on anything from off and you damn well better be careful when you go to that well and force guys like Preston and gesicki to show me they can win quickly inside.

if I’m miami I don’t care. I’m not holding the ball with Aaron Donald bearing down on my qb.

so guys like Preston and gesicki have to step up. This is where it would be nice to have a iso win consistent flex tight end option. And it’s why miami still has that need

none of our current true slot wr options have it. At least none that have played.

Callaway can be a weapon if his head is on straight.

Get him up to speed could be very beneficial for Miami.

I see a big difference in the type of throws that are available. Fitz, we loved what he brought to the table, but he was limited in the type of throws he attampted. They were either line drives due to his arm 'fatigue" (being nice here) or layups and let them jump ball for it. Tua, brings more touch according to what we have seen from his tape at Alabama and practice. Touch, accuracy and anticipation are the key here folks,and IMO the difference between a jag and a franchise QB.
That and some posters just have to poke the bear...

Depends on Tua's learning curve. If he resembles his play at Alabama every receiver's stock goes up.

The two in the OP's listed as going down (Williams and Gisecki) I think go up. Tua's accuracy will help both players compensate for their lack of getting separation.

However for Williams, he needs to get over the unnecessary jumping he likes to do but that doesn't have anything to do with Tua.

Callaway can be a weapon if his head is on straight.

Get him up to speed could be very beneficial for Miami.
Dude has 1 more game to miss correct. He can play vs Arizona

Honestly I expect Bowden to be a huge role with Tua

so guys like Preston and gesicki have to step up. This is where it would be nice to have a iso win consistent flex tight end option. And it’s why miami still has that need
given the significant anticipated "accuracy" uptick
isn't their catch radius a notable factor?

Back
Top Bottom