Which Rook(s)... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Rook(s)...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
...in the 2020 class, will rock this season - besides Tau Tagovailoa and that is if he plays at all? I feel that Noah Igbinoghene and maybe Chris Weaver will be stellar for our squad this season. You?

hDPBESbx_400x400.jpg

...in the 2020 class, will rock this season - besides Tau Tagovailoa and that is if he plays at all? I feel that Noah Igbinoghene and maybe Chris Weaver will be stellar for our squad this season. You?

View attachment 50234
I posted an article yesterday, someone believed it would be Brandon Jones. I can’t settle on one, I think this draft class has a very high ceiling. Up to coaches and themselves to get the best outcome on the field. I very much look forward to seeing which ones in the group make the biggest impact early on.

If you are looking at this from a pro-bowl immediately perspective, I'd say... none of them.
But if we are measuring the relative improvement from last year's positional play versus this year's performance, I will say, Austin Jackson.
Last year saw us put forward the absolute worst OLT play I have ever seen... I'm sure the poor b@stards tried hard, but ugh... they were simply awful.
If Jackson can play even as high as 'league average', we will see a DRAMATIC improvement.

Long term, Jackson looks good too... even if he takes his lumps this year.

Raekwon Davis, Noah Igbonoghene and Malcome Perry - hard to pick just one and not saying they will be best just most visible to the average fan.

I like a whole bunch of them...

1. I believe in time Jackson and Hunt will be very good Linemen, but It will take Jackson a bit more then Hunt to reach potential.

2. Igbonoghene will probably be out there quite a bit this year, and should do well.

3. Raekwon Davis will get his chance, and should contribute quite a bit (We will find out quick how much heart he actually has).

4. Weaver and Jones both may take a bit of time to crack the starting positions, but they will somewhat contribute. Weaver is still my favorite pick after Tua...He is going to do big things.

5. Finally, Perry is going to looked at a lot by the coaches, and once they find a position for him, I have no doubt he will contribute plenty.

I hope all the rookies, including the rookies signed as free agents have success with the Dolphins. Yet I tend to be one of those individuals who like to wait and see how they develop over time. I don’t think you can legitimately grade a draft draft for at least three years.

Igbonoghene and Jones should both contribute sooner than later to the Secondary, and Iggy possibly returning kicks.

The 3 OL will likely be slow out of the gates due to the lack of a proper training camp and preseason but I would think at least one of Jackson/Hunt/Kindley will be starting early, if not two of them.

Strowbridge and Weaver will probably be behind the FA arrivals and DL holdovers so they may not do much early.Davis may have the best shot to play in the DL rotation early due to his playing so many big games for Bama vs the other two DL rookies.Not to mention UDFA Benito Jones who may be a steal at NT.

Tua will not play early but I could see him getting his feet wet later in the year, especially if the OL comes together and they feel it is safe to put him out there.

And Ferguson is presumably the starting LS from Day 1, he certainly better be.

I think in 2-3 years time Igbonoghene will be considered the #2 CB in this Draft after Okudah.

He is far from a finished product and Flores will coach the crap out of him.

Get used to having one of the top Secondaries in the League.

Back
Top Bottom