Which Second Tier Qb Would You Prefer To Draft To Groom? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Second Tier Qb Would You Prefer To Draft To Groom?

I like Rudolph, but I eliminated him from consideration as I don't think he makes it out of the second round. Personally, I wouldn't pass on any of the top three tight ends at 42nd overall unless Lamar Jackson falls which I find extremely unlikely.

I'm split on Lauletta and Falk. They're both Adam Gase guys. I love Falk's tools and quick release but like everyone else I am worried about the pounding he took in college. He got sacked like 120+ times in college, which is insane. Biggest difference for me here is availability; Lauletta likely won't make it out of the third whereas we might have a crack at Falk in the fourth.

I do find it interesting that we've publically shown interest in Mayfield, Rosen, Allen, Rudolph, Jackson, Falk, White, and Benkert but not a single peep regarding Lauletta. Judging by his skillset, character, intangibles, and availability in the mid rounds potentially.... I have a feeling he's the guy they've targeted and don't want to show their hand.

With that said.... Rosen/Mayfield in the first (highly unlikely), Lauletta in the third, Falk in the fourth, or Benkert late. I like White too.

Last edited:
You've got to ask yourself though.... Are we looking at the second tier group as backup with an outside shot to start, or backup being groomed and planned for as the future starter? That's my issue with spending a second or third round pick on a QB. You can miss out on a quality starter, possibly an early starter at that, in that range.

IMO, you draft your starting QB in the first round. Of course there are many exceptions, but if your plan is to find your future starting QB, then it needs to be a first round pick. Too much of a crapshoot at QB after that.

If we don't pick a QB in the first round, which we probably won't, then I'm totally fine taking a gamble on a guy late and heading into the 2019 or 2020 draft with QB being priority 1.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom