Which Team Declined Most After Offseason (dolphins, Seahawks)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolph N.Fan, May 15, 2018.

1. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23474032/nfl-insiders-predict-best-worst-teams-free-agency-draft

Seattle and Miami were both cited 3 times in this article as being worse after the offseason moves.

Yeah everyone will go straight to bashing ESPN because they don’t think Miami will do anything this year. But realistically how could any non homer have any high expectations for Miami this year? I think this team’s ceiling if everything goes right is another one and done playoff appearance. I’m just expecting another average season.

2. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

A number of people would say "average" is a homer outlook

3. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

6-8 wins is pretty realistic.

Geordie and Pandarilla like this.
  4. SeasonsMusic

SeasonsMusic Pianist

Suh didn’t change our game play we still sucked. Landry will be missed. Not sure who else is worth crying over, oh well.

opticblazed, BenchFiedler and joenhre like this.
  5. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

I can see us at 8-8 this season or better.

6. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

I don’t think Miami got worse or better with their FA moves. I don’t even think Landry will be missed. It’s all about the 2016, 2017, 2018 drafts proving they were worth being drafted. I think the FA moves were a wash to be honest.

miami365 and Pandarilla like this.
  7. outlawd2u

outlawd2u Pro Bowler

I don't agree at all and there are a lot of reasons why, but I can also see why the media and most casual fans, or fans of other teams would think this. Most people who aren't a fan of Miami know little about them and hardly ever see them play, but they hear big names, they see big numbers on stat sheets, and they base players worth off of fantasy football.

8. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

lol

We had friggin' LAY CUTLER as our QB!

No team in the NFL is "worse" when he is no longer your quarterback, period. It's not even debatable.

9. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

when they mention Pouncey as a big loss, it makes me wonder how much they researched the team

10. 1Dolfan

1Dolfan Starter

we did add Robert Quinn who got 8.5 sacks playing out of position last year.

Every analyst want flashy names. Football is a team sport, why doesn't pittsburg ever when with there amazing talent or the Lions with Suh, Calvin and Stafford. These guys are over reacting. Miami has very few weaknesses and a lot of depth at a lot of positions.

11. joenhre

joenhre Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

Clueless people writing nonsense. I'll take the opinion of people who actually really know and have studied BOTH the players added and lost. Sorry IMO anyone who can't see that this team is better than the team that ended the 2017 doesn't have a clue.

12. joenhre

joenhre Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

Yes that right there shows how little they actually know. Like I said the people quoted in the OP are clueless when it comes to the Dolphins. Why would I care what someone has to say about a subject they haven't bothered to research in detail?

13. psfign

psfign Guest

Ouch. Some kick in the pants reality. There's some things to be excited for, but a ton of question marks have to pan out for us to be a playoff team. And lately those question marks just don't seem to work out for us.

Can we get consistent, high level play from our QB, OL and LB groups?

Can't wait to see how improved OL is. Very excited to see McMillan again! Hopefully he's been deep in the playbook for the entire year.
    Then, I'm excited to see how many rookies step up and contribute. Think Gesicki is going to open up this offense's capabilities.

14. Buddy

Buddy Right Wing Nut Job Moderator Finheaven VIP

The fact of the matter is that we had all of those people on our team last year healthy and sucked. They didn't make a positive difference whether they were on the field or not. We didn't have Tannehill and were markedly worse, a whole different team worse. I'll take a healthy Tannehill and the young team we have now over all of those bloated contracts for Landry, Suh, Pouncey, and whiney Ajai. I like Thomas, we'll miss him. I'll bet that our offense scores more points, our defense allows less points, and we win more games this year than last.

15. sunworshipper

sunworshipper FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

One guy listed Michael Thomas as a key loss. Who's next? Damien Williams or Tony Fasano or maybe Anthony Steen. How can we win even 3 games without Steen?!?

ETA: I looked this guy, Mike Clay, up and found his specialty is fantasy football. Figures.

You can claim the Dolphins will be bad and find arguments for it. But someone pulls that "I can't see what the Dolphins are doing" crap, you know they are ignorant and lazy. Maybe the Dolphins' plan is foolhardy but it is clear what it is. Get faster, smarter, position-flexible players and concentrate on pass offense, pass rush, and pass coverage. And go all in on Tannehill this year.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    BIGTom-, Dakar001, rickd13 and 3 others like this.