Which Team Declined Most After Offseason (dolphins, Seahawks) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Team Declined Most After Offseason (dolphins, Seahawks)

Where did we get worse in the off-season? Suh. Suh is a great player, and I'm going to miss him. We're all going to miss him. Cody Parkey? Yes, he was excellent for us and we will miss him.

But offensively? I don't miss Pouncey, I don't miss Bushrod, and I certainly don't miss Julius freaking Thomas. I don't miss Damien Williams. I may miss Landry if Amendola can't stay healthy and Albert Wilson turns out to be a bust. I won't even MENTION the name Jay Cutler.

And I think that if Raekwon stays healthy, the additions of Quinn, Fitzpatrick, and McMillan will off-set the loss of Suh. I honestly think that if Fitzpatrick plays to his potential -- and his potential is All-Pro, just like Suh -- then that will be a net positive for our defense. I think that having a top shelf free safety (and again, let's be fair, that's speculation) can transform a defense far more than a great defensive tackle.

Add in, I don't think we'll see games with 30% of D plays having missed assignments. And Howard,Tank, and Harris have experience. None of this guarantees anything, but there is reason to think Miami will be better and few reasons to expect worse.

I don't know where the Miami New Times came from but I've hated everything they ever have written about the Dolphins.

Had a feeling when I saw this thread title that there would be a ton of posters bashing ESPNs credibility. I was that same poster for many years, but in hindsight, ESPN has always been right about the Dolphins. We have sucked for quite sometime, with the exception of the 2016 season when we had a very easy schedule and barely beat some bad teams.

To think our roster is better without players like Suh and Landry........or even Mike Thomas (who was a special teams Pro Bowler). You're all sadly mistaken. Granted, Suh' s contract was a killer and Landry s contract would have killed us too. But to act like we are better off without them.......That's just dumb.

2016 should have been something to build off.......but we blew it up and we are better???. Not buying it.

I don't agree at all and there are a lot of reasons why, but I can also see why the media and most casual fans, or fans of other teams would think this. Most people who aren't a fan of Miami know little about them and hardly ever see them play, but they hear big names, they see big numbers on stat sheets, and they base players worth off of fantasy football.
I couldnt agree more. Well said

Had a feeling when I saw this thread title that there would be a ton of posters bashing ESPNs credibility. I was that same poster for many years, but in hindsight, ESPN has always been right about the Dolphins. We have sucked for quite sometime, with the exception of the 2016 season when we had a very easy schedule and barely beat some bad teams.

To think our roster is better without players like Suh and Landry........or even Mike Thomas (who was a special teams Pro Bowler). You're all sadly mistaken. Granted, Suh' s contract was a killer and Landry s contract would have killed us too. But to act like we are better off without them.......That's just dumb.

2016 should have been something to build off.......but we blew it up and we are better???. Not buying it.

Well go down the roster position by position like some others did, are we better in most areas? I think so.

The DT position really worries me though like I keep saying and the LB is stil a big unknown.

If we stay fairly healthy I think the team overall is better, not like that’s a huge deal to me though since we had horrible QB play and the Hurricane and messed up season in general.

Is anyone saying Miami's DL will be better without Suh? I think the loss of Suh will hurt, but, the team, overall, looks more talented. Even tough I'm optimistic, I, like many others, admit that optimism comes with projections of the play of quite a few players (and the loss of quite a few (e.g., JT, Cutler). To show how young this team is, consider Grant, Gesicki, Smythe, Ballage, Drake, Tunsil, Taylor, Godchaux, McMillan, Baker, Tank, X, Fitz, Harris, (to name most) are kids in the NFL and guys like Kilgore and Sitton will be adjusting to a new team. That's a lot of moving parts and, admittedly, not all will play to projections. That's why most honest people on both sides temper projections with 'if's.' I've said a couple of times, I'll judge 2018 by games 6>16.

It wouldn't surprise me to see another DT still added, hoping Hankins decides to play for $4 million or so

No more all time great D in Seattle means no more playoffs for the Hawks

Outside of health with Tannehill which is the run away season determinant LB attrition is the biggest concern in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom