Which top 6 Wrs will make team? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which top 6 Wrs will make team?

Jakeem Grant
Will Fuller
Jaylen Waddle
Preston Williams
Albert Wilson
Veteran Signing Larry Fitzgerald, Golden Tate or Julian Edleman

I think Devante Parker is a post June cut or trade with a $9M cap savings.

I know some people think Wilson might get cut because of money but we won't save much by cutting him. The savings are 2.850mill while the dead money his is 2.333mill so if he gets cut it won't be because of money. Could he be traded? maybe if we can find a taker.

i believe Parker,Waddle and Fuller are in of course. Williams is the most talented of the rest so I'd keep him. Wilson is the most talented of all the others so he should be in.....that leaves one spot if he keep only 6. Bowden is pretty good but Hollins is the best for ST's

It's a good problem to have.
Wilson should get one year to make enough noise that he signs a contract elsewhere. IDC if it's a 6th round comp pick. Give Grier the benefit of the doubt to be able to make lemonade from a lemon.

Jakeem Grant
Will Fuller
Jaylen Waddle
Preston Williams
Albert Wilson

Parker is a post June cut....I can't stop laughing

Grant has stuck because he isn't a WR. He's a dedicated return man who was thrust into playing WR by injuries.

I get that. My problem is Gtant is ONLY a returner, although a good one. I would think a player who was a pretty good returner, but a good enough receiver to score 4-5 TDs a year would be more valuable

I get that. My problem is Gtant is ONLY a returner, although a good one. I would think a player who was a pretty good returner, but a good enough receiver to score 4-5 TDs a year would be more valuable

Thats an opinion I'd be more in line with.

Whether or not he makes the roster in my opinion will be determined by whether we want to carry a designated return man or not.

If we think his ability to take one to the house can be replicated he won't be on the team.

Waddle (guaranteed)
Fuller

Parker (likely)
Williams

Wilson (camp bubble)
Bowden

Foster (needs an injury above)
Grant
Hurns
Hollins

Perry (practice squad candidates)
Locksley
Merritt

I honestly would not mind cutting or trading Parker.

I'm absolutely keeping Bowden...he looked real nice it limited opportunities last season.

Waddle
Fuller
Parker
Bowden
Williams
Wilson (special teams)

The rest can go.

Here's why I think Grant is an extreme longshot to make this team. These are the top Punt Returners (by average yardage) from last year... Then, I added their salaries.

As you can see, Grant is waaaaay overpaid for a guy who has zero value in the regular offense, and 2 off of this list have already moved on to a stupid team who decided to pay more.

Stats taken from the Football Database

Btw... there were 15 TDs in the NFL onn Punt or Kickoff returns last year, Grant had ONE of those 15... so there's that one play.

PlayerTeamGmsNumYdsAvgFCLgTD
Gunner Olszewski (850k)NE132034617.301170t1
Hunter Renfrow (850k)LV162326511.5210320
Jakeem Grant (4.7M)MIA142933011.38888t1
Ray Ray McCloud (1M)PIT162929810.2819570
Alex Erickson (1.2M) now with HoustonCIN162323210.0920290
Nyheim Hines (2.3M)IND163030010.0014260
Andre Roberts (3M) now with HoustonBUF15292869.8612380

Last edited:
Poor Grant! I don’t see any scenerios(outside of people getting hurt before the season starts) that he makes the team.

Now with that said I really don’t want to see Waddle out there on special teams. Unless there’s some dire situation where you need him.
The only way they keep Grant is if they keep 7. Grant had some critical drops last year. Bowden was a 3rd round pick and he shows a lot of promise and I think he will be one they keep.

Jakeem Grant
Will Fuller
Jaylen Waddle
Preston Williams
Albert Wilson

I think you're confusing the numbers on Parker. if we cut him the dead money on him would be over 10mill even if post June with saving just over 1mill of cap space so that is not happening at all. The only way he's gone would be on a trade.

Back
Top Bottom