Which top 6 Wrs will make team? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which top 6 Wrs will make team?

1) devante parker
2) will fuller
3) Jaylen waddle
4) Lynn Bowden Jr.
5) Preston Williams
6) Robert Foster
I don’t know what will actually happen, but this is what I’d do.

Parker/Fuller/Waddle/Williams are all shoe-ins for me. I take Bowden over Wilson because Bowden is cheaper and younger. I take Foster over Hollins because he’s faster and a more viable receiver.

I think football people understand injuries are not predictable.

I think fans get caught up in "injury prone" way too much.

I agree to a point. But in Williams case it’s been an issue since the beginning of his career. 8 game seasons aren’t gonna cut it.

If it starts to become the same in year 3, I think he’s in serious danger.

“Football people” have jobs to protect. And when certain players are consistently unavailable, those football people tend to move on to find players that can be available.

Grant
Hurns
Hollins
Foster
Wilson
FA pick up

We gonna be stacked

I think you're confusing the numbers on Parker. if we cut him the dead money on him would be over 10mill even if post June with saving just over 1mill of cap space so that is not happening at all. The only way he's gone would be on a trade.

You're right Danny. I misread this article, it's only a 4M cap savings post June. I'd still like them to trade DVP while he's at the top of his game because he seems like a high risk for injury but I don't see a big market for trading him this year. Have to right click and open incogneto.

Have to right click and open incogneto.

That trick only works a few times. It doesn’t work indefinitely. And won’t work for everyone depending upon how much paywall content they’ve accessed recently.

Parker
Fuller
Waddle
Williams
Bowden
Hollins???

The last spot is up for grabs, but I bet it is NOT Wilson or Hurns unless the cap it is just too hard to swallow. Given the return abilities of both Waddle and Holland, I can't see Grant making the team, which breaks my heart a little, but it's true. Preston Williams is our young, tall WR to back up Parker and cover the slot when it's not Waddle or Gesicki/Shaheen/Long. Hollins is our big-bodied WR to fill the same role or be the jack-of-all-trades guy when injuries pop up ... as they always do in our WR room.
I agree I think they will do that too.
though I think it’s a mistake. One or two of the top 3 get hurt then hollins Bowden are back to big roles on offense.
I rather keep 7 and keep Wilson if healthy with a burst

The only way they keep Grant is if they keep 7. Grant had some critical drops last year. Bowden was a 3rd round pick and he shows a lot of promise and I think he will be one they keep.

Even if they keep 7, I think they will, Grant still isn't going to make it. I wouldn't keep him if they were keeping 10.

Interesting thread. First off I just don't see it with Foster. Unless he can make a name on sp teams he gone. I would take Perry over Foster. Grant I really liked and still pull for but he just can't seem to get out of his own way, he gone. Perry will not make 53 but maybe PS. Hurns I really haven't seen enough of but would consider him a long shot. Hollins had his moments and will be able to stick in the league but not on a team as deep as we are this year.
I see it as we only keep 5. Not because we don't have 6 worthy WR but because we have so many worthy players at so many other positions. I see no chance that we don't keep at least 3 TEs, so that would give us 8 pass catchers, with the basketball player going to PS unless he shocks the world and becomes the next Gates. I don't like Hunter long but he is 100% gonna be on the team so we are keeping min of 3 TEs which will mean getting rid of some serious talent in either Smyth or Shaheen.
Look at how many DBs we got. Now they talking with Hooker. We have so many good players at so many positions I just don't see room for 6 WRs, SOOOO I am going with only 5 unless the injury bug hits us and takes out a lot of our depth, only then could I see us keep 6 WRs.

Parker
Preston
Fuller
Waddle
Bowden are all pretty close to locks for me. Bowden will be basically in his first full year of being a WR. He has just scratched the surface of his talent. He may end up being amazing.

Wilson certainly has the talent, and fits the kind of player we were needing last year, but I have my doubts as to how much he wants to be here or even in the league for that matter. If he comes back 100% motivated and realized that he really missed the game he could certainly make it difficult to cut him. He can be dynamic and easily gain separation. We already have the jump ball guys in Parker, Preston and Gesicki, so Wilson is the kind of WR that we need.

Bowden is tough as nails catches the ball and was a rookie I’d take him over grant Hollins

Back
Top Bottom