Which Top Player Do You NOT Want Dolphins To Pick? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Top Player Do You NOT Want Dolphins To Pick?

Who would you LEAST like the Dolphins to Draft

• QB - Alex Smith

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • QB - Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 21 11.8%
  • RB - Cedric Benson

Votes: 29 16.3%
  • RB - Ronnie Brown

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • RB - Cadillac Williams

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • WR - Braylon Edwards

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • WR - Mike Williams

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • LB - Derrick Rodgers

Votes: 52 29.2%
  • Other (Name in post)

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
Awsi Dooger said:
His apologists are conveniently dismissing it. Rodgers looked even more mechanical and overmatched athletically than normal. I was semi-shocked. You are exactly correct, the passes were bouncing in front of wide open receivers. There is no way I can dismiss that game as simply the team didn't care, after being screwed out of the Rose Bowl. The opponent had a pathetic defense and Aaron Rodgers made them look damn good.

I had already began to sour on Rodgers before that game, when I examined his background more closely and after twice witnessing him in person, thrilled to throw dinky passes instead of going downfield. But that bowl game clinched it for me. Drafting Aaron Rodgers will sink Nick Saban's NFL career, just as backing the previous regime's confidence in "crank it up" Timmy Couch ruined Butch Davis.

You did not watch that game, or else your definition of "wide open" is what most consider blanket coverage. The fourth and fifth string WRs Rodgers was throwing to did not get any seperation at all and when Rodgers was able to thread the needle they couldn't catch. In the first half of the game Cal WRs dropped four passes, including Rodgers' only interception which bounced off Jordan's hands right to a Tech defender. In the second half three more passes were dropped. Rodgers was 24 for 42, but 7 passes were dropped... so that wasn't a terrible performance at all (better than any performance Feeley had all year).

In his bowl game in 2003 against Virginia Tech all he did was complete 80% of his passes for 350 yards and 2 TDs with guys like DeAngelo Hall in the secondary. And even in that game his TE dropped a perfect pass in the end zone that would've made his performance that much more impressive.

General Tso said:
You did not watch that game, or else your definition of "wide open" is what most consider blanket coverage. The fourth and fifth string WRs Rodgers were throwing to did not get any seperation at all and when Rodgers was able to thread the needle they couldn't catch. In the first half of the game Cal WRs dropped four passes, including Rodgers' only interception which bounced off Jordan's hands right to a Tech defender. In the second half three more passes were dropped. Rodgers was 24 for 42, but 7 passes were dropped... so that wasn't a terrible performance at all (better than any performance Feeley had all year).

In his bowl game in 2003 against Virginia Tech all he did was complete 80% of his passes for 350 yards and 2 TDs with guys like DeAngelo Hall in the secondary. And even in that game his TE dropped a perfect pass in the end zone that would've made his performance that much more impressive.

I'm definitely salivating the possiblity that Rodgers drops to us. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom