Which Top Player Do You NOT Want Dolphins To Pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Top Player Do You NOT Want Dolphins To Pick?

Who would you LEAST like the Dolphins to Draft

• QB - Alex Smith

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • QB - Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 21 11.8%
  • RB - Cedric Benson

Votes: 29 16.3%
  • RB - Ronnie Brown

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • RB - Cadillac Williams

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • WR - Braylon Edwards

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • WR - Mike Williams

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • LB - Derrick Rodgers

Votes: 52 29.2%
  • Other (Name in post)

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
Assuming the Dolphins keep the #2 Pick in the draft, we all have our favorites. But, which player, from among those realistically believed to be the top potential players available, would you least like to see drafted by the 'Fins?

Hopefully I haven't overlooked any of the realistic possibilities. I excluded the CB position (Pac-Man Jones and Rolle) b/c, while it is possible one could be selected, we still haven't traded Surtain yet and it's unlikely, at this point in the game, we would go that route.

Oops! Typo! Should be Derrick Johnson!!!! Duh :shakeno:

I was thinking LB and "Rodgers" just stuck in my head! My bad. :)

Da 'Fins said:
Assuming the Dolphins keep the #2 Pick in the draft, we all have our favorites. But, which player, from among those realistically believed to be the top potential players available, would you least like to see drafted by the 'Fins?

Hopefully I haven't overlooked any of the realistic possibilities. I excluded the CB position (Pac-Man Jones and Rolle) b/c, while it is possible one could be selected, we still haven't traded Surtain yet and it's unlikely, at this point in the game, we would go that route.

Alex Smith; Aaron Rodgers; Cedric Benson; Ronnie Brown; Cadillac Williams; Braylon Edwards; Mike Williams; Derrick Rodgers;

???Derrick Rodgers??? Who?

it's Derrick Johnson not Derrick Rodgers

derrick rodgers... that arizona state standout who we traded to the saints??

I don't want him (Derrick Johnson) or Braylon at #2.

I'd probably be least impressed with us selecting Braylon, although he is a quality player.

nick19991 said:
it's Derrick Johnson not Derrick Rodgers

Yes, I know. Saw it as soon as I looked back at the post and read through it. Just has a brain lock.

Any way to edit polls? Can't figure that out.

can't edit polls, only mods can

easy, I'd least like Braylon Edwards out of the top players. Deep down I still think that Williams is a better wr and that Clayton will even be a better Wr. than Braylon.....but that may just be me. We'll see in the next 3 years.

Mike williams, i can see him being a keyshawn johnson, sure hands, moves the chains on 3rd down lots of short slants but unable to make big plays outside the red zone or stretch the field

@@@@@ said:
Mike williams, i can see him being a keyshawn johnson, sure hands, moves the chains on 3rd down lots of short slants but unable to make big plays outside the red zone or stretch the field
would that really be a bad thing?

bare in mind that MW#1 would allow Chambers to go deep more and realy strecth the vertical passing game.

Johnson, not because I don't like him, but becaues a #2 is lightyears from his value. If we have a pick past 10, i wouldn't mind picking him.

Alex Smith, mainly because he seemed to have come out of nowhere this past season. And while having that one huge year doesn't mean he won't do good in the NFL, he is the one pick(out of the top 10 picks I mean) that I am most skeptical about. I don't particularly want Saban to draft him, in fact I would be disappointed, however by the 3rd round I will have accepted Saban's decision and be behind the coach 100%. But let me hope that it doesn't happen.

finsnchips said:
would that really be a bad thing?

bare in mind that MW#1 would allow Chambers to go deep more and realy strecth the vertical passing game.
I'm not trying to knock MW i think he'll have a great career but taking receivers in the top 5 simply isn't value heres all the top 5 WR's from the last 10 years how many are worth there status

#4 Michael Westbrook

#1 Keyshawn Johnson

#4 Peter Warrick

#2 Charles Rodgers
#3 Andre Johnson

#3 Larry Fitzgerald

Johnson has had a good career but was probably the 4th or 5th best receiver in the draft (Owens, Harrison, Moulds, Horn, Muhammed) Fitzgerald is to early to say so only Andre Johnson has lived up to his draft status and be has everything size, speed, hands and IMO drafting a possesion receiver #2 doesn't make sense

Frisches13283 said:
Alex Smith, mainly because he seemed to have come out of nowhere this past season. And while having that one huge year doesn't mean he won't do good in the NFL, he is the one pick(out of the top 10 picks I mean) that I am most skeptical about. I don't particularly want Saban to draft him, in fact I would be disappointed, however by the 3rd round I will have accepted Saban's decision and be behind the coach 100%. But let me hope that it doesn't happen.
Ditto....I don't like his arm at all. Besides accuracy, (in college) his arm is below average. To me it looks like the throws that he has to put some heat on, are just a shade too slow for the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom