Which would the biggest mistake on draft day ??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which would the biggest mistake on draft day ???

fisi

Active Roster
Reaction score
Miami trading up for Tanehill or Miami not drafting him at 8 and he's still available

If we don't take Tannehill and he falls and we trade back in and get him that's fine. If we don't draft Tannehill but get Weeden in the 1st (after trading back in or trading down) or 2nd then that's fine. If we pass on Tannehill and Weeden then it's a huge mistake.

Easily trading up for Tannehill. I don't mind us trading up but for Blackmon not Tannehill. Still think though he's the pick at 8, like it or not. Defies all logic to me that we can take someone that high that will likely need to sit for at least 2 years. Surely we can find a project further down in the draft ?

Biggest Mistake -- Trading up for Tannehill

Next Biggest Mistake -- Drafting Riley Reiff in the top 10

Next Biggest Mistake -- Trading the pick to the Raiders for Daryle Lamonica

Drafting Tannehill in the first round. I just don't believe you draft a kid that's essentially a project at the QB position with a first round pick, let alone at #8. The only reason Tannehill is being considered so high is because there are a lot of QB starved teams that obviously don't have a shot at Luck or RG3 and the pickings are slim after that. While the Dolphins certainly have neglected the QB position for years and have a need, I don't think now is the time to reach for a player that has 2nd/3rd round value with a 1st round pick. Stick with Moore for another season, draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd then see what's available next April.

Back
Top Bottom