#3 JaMarr Chase WR/LSU
#18 Travis Etienne TB/Clemson
#36 Carlos Basham EDGE/Wake Forest
#50 Landon Dickerson C/Alabama

Scenario 4:
#3 Micah Parsons LB/Penn St
#18 Najee Harris TB/Alabama
#50 Alex Leatherwood OT/Alabama

Which scenario do you prefer for our Miami Dolphins?

#3 DeVonta Smith WR/Alabama

#18 Terrance Marshall WR/LSU

#36 RonDale Moore WR/Purdue

#50 JeVonte Williams TB/UNC

This! No more ****ing around!

Scenario 1:
#3 Penei Sewell OT/Oregon
#36 Creed Humphrey C/Oklahoma

Scenario 2:
#18 Zaven Collins LB/Tulsa
#36 Jaelan Phillip's EDGE/Miami
#50 Amon-Ra St Brown WR/USC

Scenario 3:
#3 JaMarr Chase WR/LSU

Scenario 4:

Scenario 1. HANDS DOWN!

The other day I posted wondering how the forum felt about using the 1st 4 picks on Offense. Comments were mixed, no surprise there.

I am not advocating for that, but it is an interesting idea. However, when I think of the 1b pick, I can't stop thinking about the selection of Zaven Collins there. I have been hoping we'd go for Najee there. But Collins is a stud I think.

Hare to tell for sure. These prospects are still works in progress for the most part. But having an ILB in our hybrid that can rush, stuff the run, drop into coverage and CHASE, would be unreal. Watch his YTube highlights. I keep thinking a talent like that with his instincts, size and speed would be great when playing Josh Allen. You will see in the highlights that Tulsa had him play "Spy", and that could be the right fit and wrinkle against the BIlls.

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

Scenario 3:
#3 JaMarr Chase WR/LSU

Scenario 4:

None of those specifically, but using the same slots I'd take:

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

Scenario 3:
#3 JaMarr Chase WR/LSU

Scenario 4:

#3 Penei Sewell OT
#18 Terrace Marshal WR
#35 Najee Harris if not there, Javonte Williams RB
#50 Landon Dickerson C

I would take Sewell if he is available. If not I would trade down to anywhere from 4-6 pick and get Smith.
I would also take Dickerson over Creed because he is the best center in the game and the familiarity with Tua and any other Alabama the Fins may select.
I just hope the Fins don't fall in love with any one player and just don't panic and trade up to grab someone they love in the first couple of rounds.
Getting Sewell and Dickerson will make the Fins line 1000% better and make any WR or RB look good. It would also solidify their line for the next 10 years.

# 3 Devonta Smith- Generational Talent! Or trade down a couple of slots and try to snag Jamarr Chase and additional picks.

# 18 Najee Harris- a MAN among boys who has great attributes of vision, balance, power, and quickness for his size.

# 36 If Chris Olave or Zaven Collins falls to here then pull the trigger on either one.
Otherwise, trade down for more picks if possible to the 50-75 range. (There will be a lot of talent in this range that is as good as the 30-50 range)

# 50 Trade down 7-8 picks and draft Rondale Moore if he is here. He will clock a 4.33 40yd dash but more importantly, he is hard to bring down despite his small height. He has tremendous lower body strength and squats over 600LBs. Immense talent that would have gone in the first 15 picks but he is injury prone. (See Devonte Parker and Preston Williams)

or Tevin Jenkins Right Tackle from OSU 6'6 325Lbs He will probably do 40 reps on the Bench Press at the combine. He is a Nasty aggressive Tackle.

Of course, there is also the specter of OT Daniel Faalele(6'9 400LBs) and he can motor for his size. A former rugby player from Australia. I would push him inside to Guard where he will just obliterate Dlinemen and Linebackers. I subscribe to what I call the Planet Theory. (How many guys that size who are athletic and that are walking the planet)

I could go on with other options as well but thought this was probably more than you all were asking for anyway.. lol

Lol all good answers but I see pretty much nobody wants to stick with any scenario as it was originally given which was the point of this. I know we all want our preferences but let's all be honest were not going to get every player we prefer with those 4 picks so that was my point was to see which player or players were really valued by everyone. That's why I mixed them the way I did bc that way nobody get exactly what they want. You have to take a guy or even 2 along with the guy or 2 that you actually prefer. I honestly wouldn't be upset about any of these combinations although I'd probably go with scenario 2. We get 2 impact receivers and 2 defensive front 7 players to really level up our defense.

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

Scenario 3:
#3 JaMarr Chase WR/LSU

Scenario 4:

Of those draft picks you have listed, none really appeal to me. But if I could mix and match, it would be:

#3 Ja'Marr Chase WR/LSU
#18 Travis Etienne TB/Clemson (way too high for me, I wouldn't take a RB in round 1, but he is the best RB and the best of a weak set of choices you listed at #18)
#36 Creed Humphrey C/Oklahoma (good value at #36, but I would rather draft a T who is good at pass protection to play RT as Tua's blind side protector)
#50 Alex Leatherwood OT/Alabama (really dislike this pick and all of the options, but I chose Leatherwood simply because I value the position)

If we were forced into one of those 4 scenarios, I would choose Scenario 3 ... but I would be extremely disappointed with the second round picks and really only happy about the Chase pick.

My evaluation of positions and talent seems to differ from yours. To each his own ... but if we sit at #3 and draft Sewell, Smith or Parsons we will have dramatically overdrafted and wasted a fantastic opportunity to trade back to almost any other spot.

In the second round, Zaven Collins is a solid player, but the LB position is less valued these days and he's more of a solid 2nd rounder. I like both RB's, but not at #18. Drafting Terrace Marshall in round 1 is wasteful as 2nd round WR's of equal or greater value will be available later.

We simply see the draft differently with your #36 picks. While Creed Humphry would be good value there, I will not be surprised if he's not available--but if he is, that's a solid pick. I'm not a believer in the edge rushers in this class. Sure, one or two will develop and I'll be wrong ... but I see all of them as low production athletic gambles or limited ceiling players. We need a pass rusher ... but there are no Chase Young types in this draft.

For the final 2nd rounder at #50, none of these guys would be players I would draft. While I'm high on drafting OL and think there are a lot of good ones available in the first two rounds, I tend to shy away from Alabama OL simply because Saban's team grinds them hard and they usually do not live up to their ability. Some have injury issues, some psychological issues, some are a mirage because they've been surrounded by talent, and yeah, some pan out just fine ... but the miss rate is too high for me. I'm just not as high on the WR prospects as you are, so I rate every one lower than you do with the exception of Ja'Marr Chase. I also do not rate RB's highly because of a low positional value these days, so after Etienne and Harris ... I'm looking at round 6 or UDFA's mostly. Guys like Myles Gaskin, Salvon Ahmed, or even Lynn Bowden Jr., will do just fine until we can find value.

This will be a fun thread to revisit just before the draft (especially if there is a combine this year) to see how evaluations change. I suspect closer to the actual draft our evaluations will be more similar than they are right now.

Cheers, and thanks for posting this @MiaFins31 , it is always fun to see different perspectives.

Fins Up!

Back
Top Bottom