while I was out.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

while I was out....

burghPhinFan

there are some that call me...Tim
Reaction score
Been in the great state of Utah for a dog show the past few days, so I didn't get to see the game Sun. Just saw the hightlights. I saw that Fletch got a INT, did he finally'prove' himself on D? what's up with Sam? I read that he left with a knee injury?
Little help here, need the info!:confused:

Fletcher got an INT but he totally sucked on every other play and allowed at least 150 yards in recieving yards filling in for an injured Surtain who should play against the Jets on Sunday. Patrick left the game, not Sam, with a knee injury. Madison didn't allow a single reception against the guy he covered all game long, he should have been covering Harrison but Bates is a moron. Ricky played very well and Fiedler was very good as well.

The scuttlebutt is that Fletcher was instructed to give Harrison a wide berth to keep from getting beaten and use up the clock.

thanks gang! I must've read that wrong, or maybe it was a typo. But I did see that our boy Ricky is LEADING THE LEAGUE IN RUSHING!!!!!:rocker:

Originally posted by dolphinators13
Just needs to stay under 1500 yards!!

No I say. Ricky= 1738 yards. Screw that first round pick. With our track record on first picks as of late, as well as how far down we are going to pick, let NO have it.

So how far do you think we can fling a monkey?

:monkey: :cry:Jests

Originally posted by 32yrfinfan

No I say. Ricky= 1738 yards. Screw that first round pick. With our track record on first picks as of late, as well as how far down we are going to pick, let NO have it.

So how far do you think we can fling a monkey?

:monkey: :cry:Jests

I totally agreed..plus we already will be pushed on the Cap..we need good 2nd -7th rounders to fill our LB, OL, DB positions..we could also use a solid DT.. 1st rounders are for teams who need a impact player...Our impact positions are pretty filled..ie. RB, WR..QB...we have Sage as a future.
A 1st rounder could cause us to lose a good player that we might have kept if we weren't push on the Cap...so i say screw a 1st rounder next year...Run Ricky Run

Originally posted by Miamian
The scuttlebutt is that Fletcher was instructed to give Harrison a wide berth to keep from getting beaten and use up the clock.

the sad truth to that crap was that sam moved himself over to cover harrison...not bates! we need a new dc!

:monkey:bates

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

A 1st rounder could cause us to lose a good player that we might have kept if we weren't push on the Cap...so i say screw a 1st rounder next year...Run Ricky Run

I disagree, I would like to see us keep the first rounder... Not to use in the draft, but perhaps trade down that pick position to another team for an established player at a needed position.
Or maybe trade it for like a 2nd and a 4th round pick. Or maybe even a combo of a needed player and a 5th round pick or something. You get my drift...

Also I don't want to expend Ricky in one season... Lets say you buy a slightly used porsche, if you want to keep that thing running for a while then you don't go out and put 50k miles on it the first year. I would much rather he get 1400 yards regular season and then get another 300 in the playoffs then 1700 regular season and be too used up to get much more in the playoffs. If we need those extra 300 yards during the regular season then give the rock to Edwards he can tow the line.

Also by gving the ball to Edwards and letting him show how good he is he becomes more valuable to us as trade tender....

Don't get me wrong, I loooove watching Ricky Run, and the "spectator" in me would love to see him run for 2000 yds... But I think Speilman and Wanny are not gonna let that happen unless it is out of absolute necessity. Then again I could be wrong.

I'd be willing to give up a 1st rounder for Ricky to do more then 1500. Just think about that for a moment. If Ricky got 1500 yards this season, what else comes with that? Wins...a healthy front line.....ball control....and a lot of other items that go with it. And if he goes for over 1500, then the team will do well. Yeah, I'd give up a 1st rounder for an outstanding year like that. Plus the fact that we'd finally have a running game for a whole year.

The instinct is to say we need that first round pick.

But if you think about it, we've had a lot more luck with our 2nd round picks than our 1st round picks for a while. I mean, Patrick Surtain, Todd Wade, Chris Chambers...these were all 2nd round picks of ours and our first rounders were like John Avery, Yatil Green, and Jamar Fletcher.

Back
Top Bottom