While we're at it with Parker... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

While we're at it with Parker...

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
Godchaux has one year left. If we pitch him a contract and he says he wants to see the market unless we give him $10 million per, what would you take for him?

Considering how cheap he is next year and how valuable he could be on a 4-3, I would ask for a late second at least.

I'd take a 4th for him. Agree he's nothing special to command a 7 figure salary.

He's quality depth. Not a critical cog.

He’s a damn good player but the pass rushing production isn’t there to be asking for 10 mil. I don’t think anyone sniffs that w/ him

Godchaux has played beyond expectations for a 5th round pick. But at $10m per season, I think Miami will pass and try to trade him. If Miami selects a DT in the upcoming 2020, that could be a sign, Godchaux is on his way out. This is not a Tannenbaum run team anymore, budgeting is the name of the game now. If this was a CB or QB who are home grown, I could see a huge offer by Miami, but its not.

He ain’t nothing special I would absolutely not overpay him in fact would rather replace him

I think playing the comp pick game w him would be more feasible since his value is closer to the 3rd rd comp pick max.

That'll probably he how it ends up.

Lol, I just came up with a large number for a DT.

Not that I think he's worth it or that any one will pay him that but maybe he could ask for that if we want him signed BEFORE the 2021 FA period.

Godchaux is a solid player. Not a special, game changing player I dont think, but a pretty good DT. I'd have to look at other DTs around the league salary wise, but my initial thought is that no, hes not worth a 10 mil per year contract

May take an offer around 10 mil to get him. I'd try to get him for less obviously but some of these DTs make a good chunk of change

Back
Top Bottom