While we're at it with Parker... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

While we're at it with Parker...

I will give him 2.0M a year. 8M tops for 4 years. He is a solid player and a good depth player which we'll need. I attend to keep him.

Lol nobody signs that deal bud. Review some of the more basic deals for camp bodies, look at these years / numbers, then rethink that

He’s a 3/13.5/5 kinda guy

Lol nobody signs that deal bud. Review some of the more basic deals for camp bodies, look at these years / numbers, then rethink that

He’s a 3/13.5/5 kinda guy
Some fans are just oblivious to the reality of tge NFL pay structure, due to the fact that it changes rapidly, year after year.

Sometimes they aren't trashing the player so much as faling to recognize the current value.

Other times, they are just haters, though.

A poster recenty remarked that DG was not a good fit, and would be better in a 4-3.

I may not necessarily agree, but at least he was basing his opinion on football, and not a misunderstanding of NFL salaries.

The fact that he has been a rare not all-out bust shouldn't cause us to overvalue him. He's not a difference maker.

Yeah. I like Godchaux but he's not bank breaking worthy at all, or even close. I wouldn't pay over market value for him. Good but not a game changer.

I think everybody needs to realize that’s sacks are not the important factor in this scheme...if you look at the historical Patriots defensive stats.

Trey Flowers was not worth big money because of 7.5 sacks... he was worth it because how he set the edge and stayed in his gap.

You can rest assured that whatever Godchaux gets offered will be what Flores feels his value is in this scheme... and whether he is replaceable for less money.

I think everybody needs to realize that’s sacks are not the important factor in this scheme...if you look at the historical Patriots defensive stats.

Trey Flowers was not worth big money because of 7.5 sacks... he was worth it because how he set the edge and stayed in his gap.

You can rest assured that whatever Godchaux gets offered will be what Flores feels his value is in this scheme... and whether he is replaceable for less money.
I agree, but only to a certain point.

I stud pass rusher, that can consistently beat his man, 1v1, has immense value, in any "scheme". To rationalize otherwise is silly.

There is also something to be said for the "bird in hand" approach with DG.

Yes, the patriots can afford to quibble over a million or two, but the Phins are not a well established team, and consistency, at this point, is more important than a relatively small amount of money.

I stud pass rusher, that can consistently beat his man, 1v1, has immense value, in any "scheme". To rationalize otherwise is silly.

Yes, the patriots can afford to quibble over a million or two, but the Phins are not a well established team, and consistency, at this point, is more important than a relatively small amount of money.

Agree, but, if there's one thing fans have learned this year, that "stud pass rusher" has to be able to set the edge. Wake couldn't set the edge, but at least he could get to the QB. This team can do neither.

Well, I know what you're saying but New England had that guy in Chandler Jones and traded him away for a second rounder. Things have worked out ok for them since.

I think part of the issue with those big sack pass rushers is they often don't hold contain on plays they need to. The scheme demands edge setting in the run and pocket containment and big sack guys often run into undisciplined play chasing the sack around the Tackle, leaving the QB an escape or a step-up. The focus is so much more on the 11 players as a unit than any individual winning, especially the defensive front.

Well, I know what you're saying but New England had that guy in Chandler Jones and traded him away for a second rounder. Things have worked out ok for them since.

I think part of the issue with those big sack pass rushers is they often don't hold contain on plays they need to. The scheme demands edge setting in the run and pocket containment and big sack guys often run into undisciplined play chasing the sack around the Tackle, leaving the QB an escape or a step-up. The focus is so much more on the 11 players as a unit than any individual winning, especially the defensive front.
I agree that stopping the run, ultimately takes precedence, and the player MUST be assignment sound, as well as physically capable.

Back
Top Bottom