While we're at it with Parker... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

While we're at it with Parker...

I will give him 2.0M a year. 8M tops for 4 years. He is a solid player and a good depth player which we'll need. I attend to keep him.
Yeah thats not going to happen. He walks away laughing at that offer

I will give him 2.0M a year. 8M tops for 4 years. He is a solid player and a good depth player which we'll need. I attend to keep him.

I like Godchaux as a rotational guy in our scheme and I really hope we keep him. That being said, this isn’t Madden and with the salary cap expanding each year role players are making more money. My guess is an extension would be in the $20-30M dollar range for 4 years including guaranteed money.

He is a solid core player but, I am sorry Godchaux your not is not a playmaker. Either you take my offer or you can walk. We not going to paying anybody if you can't perform to be a playmaker. WE NEED PLAYMAKERS!!!! And money/salary whatever the **** is second to none. I am sick an tired of players demanding a high salary and they don't perform they just want to get rich an half-ass it. We are trying to stay away from that. But, we give players that deserve raises or new contract next year they better perform. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! We been through this **** too many times.

Lol, I just came up with a large number for a DT.

Not that I think he's worth it or that any one will pay him that but maybe he could ask for that if we want him signed BEFORE the 2021 FA period.

Wait, you put that in a post alluding that Godchaux said that number and you just made it up?!?!?!?

guys like Darius Philon and Margus Hunt got two-year deals for 12 mil and 10 mil respectively last off-season. 33-year old Brandon Mebane fresh off a one sack season got 2 years, 9.3 mil. Malcolm Brown, 3 years, 15 mil. those were last off-season, mind you.

considering the steady increase in contract numbers, decent DT's are gonna make 6+ mil a year next off-season.

EDIT for typo

Yeah thats not going to happen. He walks away laughing at that offer

I would sit and laugh at anyone who gave him a dime more than that. His production is easily replaceable.

He would be easily replaced by an UDFA.

I would sit and laugh at anyone who gave him a dime more than that. His production is easily replaceable.

He would be easily replaced by an UDFA.

Here's a fun exercise. There were 9 DTs taken before Godchaux in the draft. 3 are out of the league (1 of them in jail). Two are getting more snaps than Godchaux. 3 are getting less. And those are guys drafted BEFORE Godchaux. "easily replaced by an UDFA?" I think you're exaggerating

People act as if it were impossible for him to get that type of money. Maybe $10mill is a bit too much but I don't see him getting less than say, $8mill. 3 yrs $25 mill is my best guess.

People act as if it were impossible for him to get that type of money. Maybe $10mill is a bit too much but I don't see him getting less than say, $8mill. 3 yrs $25 mill is my best guess.
I think that's about right.

It's difficult for the passive fan to judge intetior linemen, unless they are getting a lot of sacks. DG isn't a pro bowl talent, but he is more than servicable, and better than many starters around the league.

That being said, our run D isn't very good. We need another legit DT/NT to the rotation, as well as serious upgrade at the edge.

He can play all across the dline on any scheme. 0,1,3,4,5 tech, it doesn't matter. He can anchor. He makes plays in the running game and has some pass rush.

He's not a one dimensional penetrator or a 345 pound 3-4 only behemoth.

That only increases his market. More suitors. He is the perfect 4-3 LDT.

Here's a fun exercise. There were 9 DTs taken before Godchaux in the draft. 3 are out of the league (1 of them in jail). Two are getting more snaps than Godchaux. 3 are getting less. And those are guys drafted BEFORE Godchaux. "easily replaced by an UDFA?" I think you're exaggerating

No just because his draft had bad luck at DT doesn't mean others did. One could easily replace his production and even one of the DT's that we let walk during the preseason could take over for him and not miss a beat.

Godchaux should not get an extension from us... But knowing Chris Grier he most likely will.

VT? I don't see him starting for the Bills...

He was a penetrator only. And not a very athletic one at that. It was all upper body strength. Strong hands. But he lacked the leg drive and core strength to anchor. He could have never stuck under this scheme.

Back
Top Bottom