While we're at it with Parker... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

While we're at it with Parker...

He's a solid player, and be careful when you stare at statistics like sacks. A slot of what Miami is building is a system like NE, where the line sets up LB's for sacks. Not saying he's a super star, nor worth $10M, but he might be a system fit. That all said, our QB pressures are a major weakness - about like our OL.

VT? I don't see him starting for the Bills...

He was a penetrator only. And not a very athletic one at that. It was all upper body strength. Strong hands. But he lacked the leg drive and core strength to anchor. He could have never stuck under this scheme.
That is the reality of the situation. This scheme is more about holding up against doubles than penetration.

I see many posters unhappy with Wilkins' play, because he doesn't have double digit sacks, when that is not the design of the defense. The fact is, he has the most tackles of any rookie interior D lineman. Obviously that is expected, as he was a rd1 pick. My point is, there is more to judging the "big boys" than sacks.

No just because his draft had bad luck at DT doesn't mean others did. One could easily replace his production and even one of the DT's that we let walk during the preseason could take over for him and not miss a beat.

Godchaux should not get an extension from us... But knowing Chris Grier he most likely will.

OK, I'll play the game once more. The year before Godchaux.
12 drafted. 3 out of league. 2 getting more snaps that Godchaux. 7 less. Another 'bad luck' draft or can I assume your making stuff up?

12 drafted. 3 out of league. 2 getting more snaps that Godchaux. 7 less. Another 'bad luck' draft or can I assume your making stuff up?
Stop confusing ppl with facts, and reality, and actual research.

It ruins thier narrative.

No just because his draft had bad luck at DT doesn't mean others did. One could easily replace his production and even one of the DT's that we let walk during the preseason could take over for him and not miss a beat.

Godchaux should not get an extension from us... But knowing Chris Grier he most likely will.
2708733_0.jpg

Last edited:
It' going to be interesting to see if we follow the Patriots lead when it comes to letting go of guys that want big money in the free agent market.

I am completely on board with this. Very little big money contracts. No need to blow all our money on “A” Free Agents. We can upgrade a lot of positions by signing the “B” players with $120M+

I will give him 2.0M a year. 8M tops for 4 years. He is a solid player and a good depth player which we'll need. I attend to keep him.

Wow, that's like the typical salary for the 4th DT on the roster. I think you are underestimating both Godchaux's abilities AND the average salary of even an average NFL football player. He's probably not worth $10M but I'm paying him $6M / year if he would accept that. He's been a nice player on the defense this year, consistently being disciplined and filling his gap, taking on and beating double teams. He is in my opinion a Top 30 DT in the league.

Making what up? Are you trying to claim that Godchaux is one of the best DT's in the game and can't be replaced? He is not worth 10 mil a year and a lesser paid fresh body would offer better value.

If you say so

I’d be willing to be you’re wrong and he gets a deal at least above 5 mil

Quite possibly... From someone over paying him... But he shouldn't... And we shouldn't give it to him.

I wouldn't give him a dime over 3 years for 10 mil

Last edited:
Is there a reasonable option between $10M a year and the change in Grier's pocket...because that is what I think he likely gets...hopefully here as Id like to keep some of the quality players we have on the roster.

Quite possibly... From someone over paying him... But he shouldn't... And we shouldn't give it to him.

I wouldn't give him a dime over 3 years for 10 mil
The top 50 interior linemen are all making 4.5 million or more, for what thats worth.

I would say he's in that range.

Back
Top Bottom