While we're at it with Parker... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

While we're at it with Parker...

Is there a reasonable option between $10M a year and the change in Grier's pocket...because that is what I think he likely gets...hopefully here as Id like to keep some of the quality players we have on the roster.

Where are these quality players you speak of on the 3rd worst team in the league?

I get you they are not all scrubs. Baker should be retained, Gesicki too, but who the **** else is there that can't be replace easily? Not an attack but a question

Where are these quality players you speak of on the 3rd worst team in the league?

I get you they are not all scrubs. Baker should be retained, Gesicki too, but who the **** else is there that can't be replace easily? Not an attack but a question
Quality Building blocks that I see...
Howard, Parker, Williams, Gesicki, Baker, McMillian, Wilkins, Godchaux, Aikens (Special Teams),

Depth & Development worth keeping (not everyone needs to be a All pro)
Rosen, Davis, Ford, Deiter. Laird, Cox, Rowe (S only...horrible at CB), Biegel, Needham. Charlton, Jenkins

Im sure some of the other guys are decent enough to provide depth (e.g Wiltz) or could show with time (e.g Van Ginkle)

The affinity for mediocre talent on this board is maddening. Can Godchaux not be replaced? Is he the end all be all for DT's? You guys act like we have a stout run defense or something.

Aren't we running more 34 than 43? He is not an NT or 34 DE... I just done see it. Maybe I am wrong. If we were to run more 43 with him and Wilkins maybe but I still don't see him as hard to replace.

Whatever. I cant really get too worked up when some of you guys still think Josh Rosen is still the answer. Some of you guys have as much of a clue there as you do here.

Good player, team guy , a young leader on a team devoid of home grown leaders. Definitely extend but $ 10mm a year ? Where did that # come from ?

We had a playmaker in Jordan Phillip's and let his butt go for free......we didnt need those 7.5 sacks anyway. I like Godchaux, I wouldnt invest big money in him though.

I would say godchaux even for his role which I think is more than rotational dt (he’s a load at the poa between the tackles) commands a minimum of $8 mil per year on the market.

8 on tbe low side 12 on the high.

If Miami was offering him $6 mil per he should bet on himself and play the market

I’d probably offer John Jenkins 2 years and $7 mil

He’s been very solid. Not enough money where he can get fat and lazy. Enough to keep him hungry. On the field lol

that was a solid bargain pickup by the staff.

I would say godchaux even for his role which I think is more than rotational dt (he’s a load at the poa between the tackles) commands a minimum of $8 mil per year on the market.

8 on tbe low side 12 on the high.

If Miami was offering him $6 mil per he should bet on himself and play the market
I would walk from 8 to 12. I would argue we need someone a bit bigger in the middle

Did somebody really advocate 4 years, 8 million for Godchaux in this thread? lmao

The floor is $8 million AAV. If he had a little more pass rushing quality, we'd be looking at a $12 million dollar floor. I believe he is 3rd right now amongst all defensive lineman in solo tackles. Now he has had more opportunity with how bad the offense was at certain stretches this year and how long the defense was on the field, and that reflects his overall grade as those guys were gassed late, so I really just throw out the stats with this guy and just watch him work early in games and he is a very quality starter.

Like it or not, 8 to 10 million a year is the going rate for a quality starter in today's NFL at DT. It is why the cap goes up every year. You don't penny pinch here. You resign him early, get him at a team friendly deal and keep your young DT nucleus in the fold.

No brainer here.

There are a few on here who are just clueless about what the going rate is for NFL players... and they aren't shy about sharing that ignorance with all of us...

Strangely enough, they are always the same ones who call players, garbage, useless, or losers...

I think these guys are deeply unhappy with their lives and need a hug.

PFF gives Godchaux a 62 and Jenkins a 78. Godchaux is a middling run stuffer and Jenkins is having a career year in this defense. Godchaux is a very good run stuffing 3-technique. He isn't a good fit in this defense, whereas Jenkins found the perfect role for himself.

Yes! Absolutely trade Godchaux this off season, if, there is some value. This free agent class in 2020 is replete with good Interior defenders that are better fits than Godchaux; and Godchaux will never have more value, still being so young and having another year on his rookie deal.

The affinity for mediocre talent on this board is maddening. Can Godchaux not be replaced? Is he the end all be all for DT's? You guys act like we have a stout run defense or something.

Aren't we running more 34 than 43? He is not an NT or 34 DE... I just done see it. Maybe I am wrong. If we were to run more 43 with him and Wilkins maybe but I still don't see him as hard to replace.

Whatever. I cant really get too worked up when some of you guys still think Josh Rosen is still the answer. Some of you guys have as much of a clue there as you do here.
Really faulty logic.

Back
Top Bottom