Whitner Gaurantee's playoffs for Bills???(link) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whitner Gaurantee's playoffs for Bills???(link)

nando03

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
So I was watching Sports Center this morning and I saw when they talked about how Donte Whitner gauranteed a playoff birth for the Jills this season. I don't see it happening with them not having a QB. I didn't see this posted anywhere but I wanted to see how some of you feel about this?

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=431691

When asked if he expects the Bills to make the playoffs, Whitner makes it clear how serious he is. "Do I expect us to make the playoffs?" he says. "I'm guaranteeing it."

I hope we beat them a couple of times this season even more so after that.

So not only do players guarantee victories, but they are now guaranteeing playoff births... before the season even starts??? This is ridiculous. I hate when players do this...

I'm with you guys, that was immature of him to say. and premature as well. Maybe Teddy G. will light him up for a couple hundred yards in our next game vs. the Jills. How sweet would that be?

I'll predict around 7-9 or 8-8 for the Jills....2-3 wins short for a playoff berth.

I'm with you guys, that was immature of him to say. and premature as well. Maybe Teddy G. will light him up for a couple hundred yards in our next game vs. the Jills. How sweet would that be?

Maybe....

Just because it worked once decades ago, doesnt mean anyone should be doign it now. It simply doesnt work and almost always comes back to bite you.

The bills are capable of making the playoffs, but I have thaught that for a few years now and it didnt happen. So ill just wait and see. I can easily see the bills going 9-7 but the pats have to be the division favorites. and the wildcard teams may need 10 or 11 wins.

The only good thing I see comming out of this is that whitner is actually starting to talk more. He is supposed to be one of the key members of the defense, and a high draft pick, but rarely says anything. He did a NFL Network thing a few months ago, and it looked like he was in the 5th grade giving a presentation in front of the class.

Its all really in the hands of the QB. I like most of our other positions, but it wont happen without solid play from Edwards.

I think the Bills are one of the teams that will be in the hunt for a wildcard spot. If they don't make the playoffs Dick Jauron should be canned.

The Bills ARE going to make the playoffs

10-6 and a wildcard berth....finishing behind the Pats in the division.

- 7 wins last year that could have very well been 9 had we not let a couple of games slip away from us at the end.

- 17 players on injured reserve

- QB situation settled

- RB situation solidified

- Marcus Stroud

- Super bowl winning OLB

- Poz is back

- Ko is back

- Tripplett is gone

- OL solidifed and now in their 2nd year

- Jump balls all day to Hardy

- Pro Bowl LT

- Outstanding special teams