Who Actually Likes 17 Games? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Actually Likes 17 Games?

I'm being selfish, but I'm for 17 games. I thought the players would be against the extra game?

I think an odd number is dumb. I understand the league wants to get to 18, with two preseason games. That makes more sense.

As far as NFL records are concerned, I think fans can accept that. That seemed like a bigger argument when the league expanded from 14 to 16 games.

I think an odd number is dumb. I understand the league wants to get to 18, with two preseason games. That makes more sense.

As far as NFL records are concerned, I think fans can accept that. That seemed like a bigger argument when the league expanded from 14 to 16 games.
I just wished they added a universal bye week at one point. Like play the Thanksgiving weekend and then that be a bye week like thr nba and mlb do. You get the money and players get the rest everybody wins

I just wished they added a universal bye week at one point. Like play the Thanksgiving weekend and then that be a bye week like thr nba and mlb do. You get the money and players get the rest everybody wins
I wonder if roster expansion is being considered? Certainly, depth will be an even greater need.

Weird thing will be no 500 teams anymore, also, stats will be off 17 vs 16. Also, do players make less per game now?

I've said this for years, the NFL plays way too few games. No team sport in the world plays so few. Having played both Rugby and Soccer I can tell you that both sports put a hell of a lot on your body, they play for the full 90mins or 80mins and pro athletes in those sports play a hell of a lot more games. If there is a genuine concern about the wear and tear, then insert more bye weeks, make bigger rosters, surely that helps the NFLPA get more members full time careers.

Going to 17 games a season is nothing really, they should go to 22 in my view. That way they could make a much more consistent schedule where everyone plays everyone in their division twice, everyone outside of their division but in their conference once and then play the remaining 4 games against a division in the other conference. Get rid of all pre-season games and you only need to find 2 more weeks here.

Just my 2 cents, I'm sure I've angered a bunch of folks here so bring it on :)
I agree with you, though I'd also add at least 2 more byes to every team's schedule, maybe even 4 overall if there were 20+ games.

Back
Top Bottom